This font is based of the theme 'gregarious'. For this I looked into coral reefs and sea anemone, then developed ideas through print making with acrylic paint and sponges. The type face is inspired by the flowing nature of the sea anemone and how some sea creatures/ plants grow upwards towards the sun. Eventually the type began to look more like flames/ smoke than a plant, which I decided to focus on instead. This shows how a project can completely change from the initial idea and just how it is important to always develop further taking into account others opinions and thoughts.
A 3x3 design with leaf-shaped glyphs.
I created this typeface around the theme of gregarious, focusing on gregarious plants. I started with drawing the letterforms in ink using a rolled up leaf. The results were twig-like marks which reminded me of the illustrations from 'A Monster Calls' so I developed the letters thinking how they could work alongside this or another story. The name 'This Wild Earth' is taken from the book and I think reflects the scratchy and bold feel of the typeface.
This had the look of the original reverse-comp entry. Then the save ignored me, as you can see. Another of my basic fonts died in silence.
I've returned too late to make a special font for the Reversecomp. I already had changed some aspects of the "Lord Calendulos" version of Calendula set in the clone taken and finished this Lady version today. As my competition entry I flipped the Lady Calendula glyphs horizontally. This means my reversecomp entry font "Calendula Lady" can be used like a plane shadow when placed under Lady Calendula.This is a clone of Lady Calendula
I produced this typeface as a part of a UWE project.This font was created around the theme of Malnourished and involved drinking many cups of tea! I took inspiration from it being the Autumn season and started looking closely at leaves and their structure. I then moved on to show the progression of the season throughout; how as time passes the leaves fall off the trees and the trees are left bare. The type would be better suited to a title or headline font rather than a body text and I've found works best on a large scale.
We used to have sheep and I wanted a sheepy font for a project. The sheep have quite clear letters in smaller size but the sheepy shape is less obvious. This is my first font and I will improve it to get a better shape/outline (thankyou to Fontstruct).