Made by request: An experimental logotype design meant to be high-impact and high-energy, such as befits a speed metal band's album cover.
It contains my own inspirations as well as those of the band, who sketched a few prototypes.
This is clearly unfinished not only in terms of glyphs but also kerning. I was only requested to make the glyphs "AEIMNPRV" and the rest can be considered as doodles... at least, for now. It seems that there's a trend wherein people who make requests of me just want one-off designs like this as opposed to refined and finished ones. But, I'll continue this one on my own if inspiration strikes.
Made via subtractive methods.
This typeface was inspired by retro neon style images and 80’s rock music. The pointed edges and sides give a unique style to this typeface. Best used for display.
My go on fontifying the WUaB-Era logo for Celldweller, a musical project by Klayton.
Primarily intended for Celldweller fan-stuff.
EDIT 12/29/2016: Added a limited support for Latin characters, but not Extended ones.
EDIT 01/01/2017: Fixed the spacing width for numbers.
EDIT 01/01/2017 #2: Fixed the spacing width for the number sign.
SILENT EDIT 01/??/2017: Fixed some errors and extended the font a little.
Restyled clone of Mothership (with no alternates so that this particular style edit is more solid).
This variant makes a departure from the inspiration of the logo and simply tries to tie it all up neatly in a style that is more closely associated with the used on the 'Celebration Day' album. more specifically, Dirigible uses the P and p that is shaped more like the R, r, D and d. I extended the leg of the J, N and P (in the style of the M).
I narrowed the T, U, V and W, then added a long leg to the W and w.
I've added half a block to the underline so that on the lowercase letter underlines will overlap the L and Z and there is no gap.
So that we can still use the lowercase characters whether they follow an L or Z or not, I am getting rid of the end quasi-serifs there (which usually completed the end foot of the L or Z). This should make the font more usable.
I opened up the space between the top and middle cross leg of the B, b, E, e, F and f so that it is more legible at smaller sizes. That created certain alignment problems, so I nixed the second crossbar of the A, a, H, h and 4, then I aligned the remaining crossbar with the others.
I'm not sure where to put the end serif. I was thinking the non-breaking space, but that would destroy some functionality. But I want it easily accessible. I decided to make a period that would work and maybe do double duty as a period. Hope that works.
I took the extra alternates out of this one and added some accented letters in this same style, this time.
I started making a variety of letters that the system didn't copy letters to, as well (just playing with it).This is a clone of Mothership