This font is based of the theme 'gregarious'. For this I looked into coral reefs and sea anemone, then developed ideas through print making with acrylic paint and sponges. The type face is inspired by the flowing nature of the sea anemone and how some sea creatures/ plants grow upwards towards the sun. Eventually the type began to look more like flames/ smoke than a plant, which I decided to focus on instead. This shows how a project can completely change from the initial idea and just how it is important to always develop further taking into account others opinions and thoughts.
SPOOKY GHOST FONT. A work in progress. Getting the right spooky apparition look is pretty intensive, but I managed to finish the basic character set before Halloween. :D
This started as a 5x5 design. After realizing S and Z would look far better if I made them 1 square taller, I converted the whole font to be roughly 5x6. At this low resolution, it's hard to get the degree of irregularity which I think makes these letters look ghostly... but, the idea is certainly present!
This design seems like it'd fit in with a lot of horror and science fiction stuff, too. Apart from the "smoky"/"ghostly" look, it has a "melted" one which suggests a hot place or maybe immersion in acid. It also looks a bit like slime, and finally at smaller sizes it has a glitch-esque appearance.
Clone of GunSmoke. Font from Gun.Smoke, (C) 1985 Capcom; used again for Side Arms - Hyper Dyne, (C) 1986 Capcom and 1943: Battle Of Midway, (C) 1987 Capcom. Dingbats from Gun.SmokeThis is a clone of GunSmoke