This font is based around the theme of malnutrition, but focuses on lesser acknowledged end of the spectrum, over-nutrition. I took inspiration from nature of skin and fat on overweight or obese bodies, putting emphasis on the folds and bulges you might typically see on the skin of a larger frame.
Geometric Art Nouveau lettering inspired by as well as trying to mimic Uncial & medieval Insular script letters!
Art Deco tile mosaic lettering design and background tile patterns.
It's designed to craft layers of typographic mosaics. It can create very subtle clear display text combinations when only layering text with just one or two backgrounds max. This will result in nice retro-ish mosaic typography. But beware, combining two or more background patters with for example different blending modes on each layer, this seemingly peaceful boy becomes capable of recreating the big bang!
All patterns are located in the Unicode block for Block Elements!
You know what, lets make this one clonable for everyone.
I tried to make a font that mimics the minimalist design patterns of the late-90s and early-00s, as well as earlier grid-based works like those of Wim Crouwel. This is the fruit of that labour.
A semibold Gongclonker made to the same specs as the original - 5x5 with no wasted matrix.This is a clone of Gongclonker
AZUL is BLUE in Spanish. I choose the word blue because it always reminds me of ultra bold fonts. But i feel like just "BLUE" looks dumb so i choose "AZUL" instead. Btw blue in Chinese is "lan". Just imagine "LAN" as it's name lol.
Least important stuff :
I got this idea when i was thinking about if I design a poster for a JoJo character. it'd be Kira Yoshikage. And I was like "Gotta need a ULTRA bold font to show he's really danger" Now you know this totally unuseful thing :P
A little more important stuff :
This font is free for all use.
DO NOT PRESS THE B SYMBOL WHEN YOU USE THIS FONT. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT
lqi laugh quietly inside
This font and tm Nibble started off as one. Both were different from what they have now become. The idea was to create a very heavy, minimal curves and angles to give a sense of the glyph.
It started with a plain N and a solid O. Making the E match either the N or the O resulted in deviation from the style just enough that it warranted a spin-off into a font of it's own.
Some letters—such as G and H—proved quite difficult to match in the style of either. A slight angle shift resulted in a glyph that did not go with other glyphs. I kept trying different possibilities...and at some point decided to save the discarded option into another fs, which now contains more than 200 characters.
The teardrop counter in tm Byte forced a complete redraw of all glyphs at about 2× the size.
I am already working on two additional fonts that came out of this exercise...and it might yield more.
Experimental 24-segment display or massive monochrome Mondrian matrix. Pixel compatible!
The thinking behind this one was that with incongruously sized segments arranged in the proper way, I would create a design which was effectively 5x5, but which accomodated more glyphs than 5x5 usually does. Negative space is incorporated into the structure of many glyphs, though not enough to classify this as an IVO design.
"Qualtron" is the name of an imaginary entity that a friend believed in - a being meant to represent the result of "a mathematical equation that can rule the universe". I didn't inquire further about it... :D
1. Segments can have interior length/width of 2 or 5.
2. The central 2x2 square must always remain open.
3. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
Original size: 20.75pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
This font started offline. It wasn't even supposed to be a font. I was just showing some students the value of a grid, even as tiny as 5×5 and the thousands of possibilities it generates. It led to making an 'a'. Of course, once that exercise was over, I had to continue making other letters. It's a compulsion. Sorry. The offline idea was slightly different. Compromises had to be made due to the limitation in place by the bricks available.
A decorative insular display font.
This is still a work in progress. I'm pushing the new bricks, stacking and nudging to the limit to create some nice flowing shapes. This is also a great opportunity to get working with some good kerning. Once I have the basic character set, this is going to be submitted to Google Fonts for approval.