A WIP 9x7 serif font with many characters.
First year BA (Hons) Graphic Design at UWE. Typeface inspired by barbed wire on the theme 'dangerous'. Expanding on the idea of both restricting people from dangers and being dangerous itself. After playing with the shape of barbed wire I played with the compact shape of the barbs themselves.
FORWARD- I wanted to create a font in which felt like it had movement. I also wanted it to relate to codeing and glitching, so it had a technical feel. This font connects together, even when re-arranged. This was put in place to lead the viewer through the text so that they felt they were being lead into a digital world. I wanted This Font to be Energetic and hectic, and i feel like ive done this with the use of smaller pixels breaking up the thicker and more readable lettering.This is a clone
I spent a lot of time making this font, it is based On the premise that too many fonts are way to ambiguous, so this is a fix for that, also I have added a copyright symbol, I replaced the vertical bar with the copyright symbol, because as far as I know the vertical bar symbol is rarely if ever used...( I have not seen it used in allmost anything I have viewed or read in all my life, except that it is there in the font character listing, so why is it there? certainly a copyright symbol would be more useful don't you think?) as for the "blockiness" of the C in the copyright symbol, keep in mind, that it is designed to have a maximum width of 9 pixels, so for what it is I think it is good, basically you cant get a smaller bitmaped based copyright symbol where it is as crisp and where the c is not pointed like a less than symbol and the c is not "touching" the circle it is in which would make it harder to read... so if you do see fit to use it I hope you are happy with it...
This project has changed my view of type by being patient and to really think about how the typeface will be protrayed in a product. My typeface reminds me of an "old-school" videogame. I had alot of fun with this project because I got familier with the tools in this program very quickly. I hope you enjoy my font, Funky Pixels!
I originally created this font for the point 'n click adventure Lamplight City but it was dropped late in the dev cycle to be replaced by regular smooth TrueType fonts instead of pixelated ones.
This is the default font for TI-nspire Ndless. I used nTxt to type out the letters and copy them onto here. The unsupported characters (that might be supported but I can't type them) I just left blank.
This pixel-art-style font supports almost all latin characters, many greek characters and the capital cyrillic characters. It is also meant to be used with my reformed spelling system.
Kubasta is a monospaced pixel font based on a 5 × 7 grid. It was designed with readability in mind, the glyphs are easily distinguishable from one another and legible even in small sizes. It’s perfectly applicable for retro style interfaces and games.
Kubasta was used in Beat Cop by Pixel Crow.
Relive your retro pixelated font dreams with Retro Pixelon! Ready to use for Russian, English, Polish, French, Spanish, German and many more!
Contains sets: Basic Latin (fully), More Latin (almost fully), Extended Latin A (fully), Cyrillic (for Russian).
Fontacious: A blending of the words font and delicious. And a.k.a., Fontatious, which blends the words font and ostentatious. It's all good and pronounced the same, no matter how you spell it. Enjoy.
A little pixel font made with zero experience in less than 15 minutes. Enjoy.
If you think it could help you, I tried to put it under the most liberal license so you can freely use it or edit it for your personal and commercial projects. Don't feel the need to credit me.
I designed this 16x16 pixel font to facilitate texturing and dithering for pixel artists. Not every piece of art software has tools designed for texturing/dithering, and loading lots of custom brushes for the purpose can slow one's software down. This font was made to attempt to solve the problem. Now you can dither, shade, and texture by typing! Every glyph repeats as a seamless texture both horizontally and vertically.
The name comes from my emulator/game, "Virtua Gremlin". Although these patterns weren't in the game (it used 9x9 tiles, not 16x16), many of the patterns here are based on that earlier work. "Skins" is a reference to graphical skins, of course. :D
A-Z = textures
a-z = dithering/shading patterns
0-9 = scanlines
The rest is sort of a mishmash... I'll organize it better once I have enough glyphs to warrant a good classification system...
Have an idea for a pattern? Want to see a particular sprite or aesthetic included? Let me know :D
Original size: 12pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
Tip: View this in the Character Map so you can more easily grab and paste glyphs when designing!
See also: Gremlin Skins HD
The font used in Super Mario 64 when speaking to people or reading signs. These characters are mostly derived from the game and used to recreate the font. Glyphs such as the asterisk and curly bracket are made with modified or existing characters used in-game (star instead of asterisk, curly bracket made from parenthesis, etc.)
Just a crazy font I made for no reason. Based on nothing. You could use it for a videogame highscore. Just do whatever you want to do with it.
The theme of this font is thunderous. Thunder is the sound that lightning makes; therefore, thunder does not happen without lightning. I combined these two together, focusing on ideas such as sounds waves, sharp/smooth lines, size of my letters (big and small), and fleetingness as thunder comes and goes. I want it to have a lot of variety as you never know what to expect from thunder.
My font theme is systematic, I aimed to make a font that was precise and but also referenced technology in the patterns of a motherboard and the pixelated style. The dots also help form the illusion of curves.