Lower Case and Shift+numbers (US Keybard ) -> reversed
Upper Case and Numbers -> common, but with zero space and underneath the reverse letters
View coment exemple
US Keybard > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/KB_US-International.svg/900px-KB_US-International.svg.png
Recreation of the pixel font from LJN's "Wolverine" (1991) on the NES. Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
Recreation of the pixel font from LJN's much reviled "The Uncanny X-Men" (1989) on the NES. Note the alternative "A" and "V" characters, mapped to upper- and lowercase. This font also includes basic box-drawin elements.
Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
ere you can see my headache relating to composites for the new bricks. The 4-way link shows that our present 16 brick limit for composites is insufficient if we want precision joins. I discovered this also with the 1 and 3 linebricks. I wonder how Meek managed to create the bricks ;)
This is the 'positive' version to the 'negative design' n8 Solstice versions and shows that the boxy look seen there is softened through curves and airy lines. There is a lot of charme and, elegance in the glyphs. The Q, Z and 2 gave me so many problems in the parent font, here we see why; I think I succeeded using the decorated boxes I introduced in the parent font, to create interesting slanted lines in some glyphs that can have tricky slants.This is a clone of n8 Solstice Wege
At the moment I offer this as my 3rd competition entry. It showes all horizontal and vertical lines that were kept hidden under black square bricks in its parent font "n8 Solstice noir". But the font itself still uses white cut-outs in a a black rectangle.
Somehow this presentation reminds me of stencils, and the present n8 Solstice Wege has the feel of a font shown as a negative.
The original font didn't disturb me, this design however kept nagging me, wanting to get out in the open. I couldn't resist this pressure and turned its clone into the usual positive black-on-white presentation.This is a clone
This started as a doodle of a strangely shaped Z and a number 2 with a slanted links created by unusual shapes. I tried to design certain letters with lines that broke with tradition, which could somehow still be added by the mind. A little in the style of the "join the dots" games my grandsons like.
I enjoyed the challenge, setting corners and seeing the horizontal and vertical lines in my mind. It made me look carefully at the internal structure which often wasn't easy to see due to so many gaps. That"s when I started adding circles, they gave sense to the inexistant striped lines and helped me see several mistakes concerning line heights and how the conneting bricks would join up, which took another hour or three to get right.
In the end I cloned this design and filled the missing horizontal and vertical lines to make sure all heights were correct -- and told myself that I could have started building this font with all lines first, then change the straight lines into black bricks. But I believe that starting with the join-the-dots idea made me look carefully at possible shapes and ways to join them, creating slanted lines inherent to some glyphs in a more artistic way which I found satisfying once I had finished the font.This is a clone of n8 Solstice Wege