Na plešce ti vidím vešku,
zaklapni svou sprostou držku,
nebo spadneš na koleje.
Zpozdím tebou české dráhy,
spousta lidí se pobleje,
až zvážím tvé smrti váhy.
Na plešce ti vidím vešku,
koukám na ní pěkně zvršku.
Koukám tak i na tebe,
na všechny kolem sebe.
Small-grid doodle which creates new combinatorial forms.
I considered this design rather rough and unappealing until I gave it negative spacing. This caused the forms to merge together in unpredictable and interesting ways. The lesson here is that sometimes the metrics, not the aesthetics, are what "make" or "save" a design.
Pixelated demake of Nirvanite Fossil. It introduces more size variation than its predecessors, and proves even harder to read. The size variation was necessary to prevent these sprites from being too large and to make them more unique from the glyphs in Nirvanite Fossil.
Original size: 25pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
Alternate take on Nirvanite, this time with bullseyes rather than solid circles as the large segments.
This one is a lot more organic than its predecessor, but also a lot more confusing. Looks like clusters of alien tadpole eggs to me!This is a clone of Nirvanite
Experimental mosaic... or maybe a new mineral species?
This one started as a doodle. I began placing circles to see what kinds of complex shapes I could make, and this was the result.
It achieves a new visual effect at almost every size up to the original. Also try slowly moving the zoom slider for some interesting animations!
This font is now nearly 1MB in size! I guess it has to do with the intrinsic complexity of circles.
Pixel demake of Xenolifer. Check Xenolifer's page for the origin story.
5 rows, 5 columns, 5 minutes. 5 is a fun number to work with, don't you think?
My 200th Fontstruction! :^)
This font, especially the "M", has been kicking around in my mind for years. I wanted a design that looked "kinda like a Metroid". Then, I tried to Fontstruct it. That brings us to the present.
(This font has nothing to do with the "Gods Will Be Watching" video game. I just think the name Xenolifer has the right ring to it.)
See also: Xenolifer Pixel
My initial research for this font was into the word gregarious. I started looking at the idea of things that group together; people, plants etc. I also looked at repetition in surface design and architecture. To me the repeated shapes act in a social way – grouping together. I started to look at ways of representing these initial ideas I had. I came up with the idea of using magnets to spell out a word and then pouring iron filings on top to create a social typeface. I got good results, so that was the basis of my font. The characters also look very organic which is relevant to the original theme of gregarious.
WORK IN PROGRESS!
Out of 111 bricks used, only ten are from existing bricks; all the rest are custom bricks. There would have been a lot more bricks if most weren't rotated or flipped.
3 bricks tall.
This font is based around the theme of 'Filth' and took direct inspiration from a piece of dirty netting. The convex effect the grid pattern has on the letters reminds me of 3D digital drawing software, could be used for something within that field. Intended to be used for display text.
The main theme of this typeface is based on tension and the structure of muscle and muscle fibers. Originally I started off with the word energise and from there I looked at sugar and then the consumption of sugar which helps fuel your body and muscles. I then began to explore muscle forms and how it is structured around bones, ligaments and how it is intertwined. I then tried to translate this all into letterform.
I produced this typeface as a part of a UWE project.This font was created around the theme of Malnourished and involved drinking many cups of tea! I took inspiration from it being the Autumn season and started looking closely at leaves and their structure. I then moved on to show the progression of the season throughout; how as time passes the leaves fall off the trees and the trees are left bare. The type would be better suited to a title or headline font rather than a body text and I've found works best on a large scale.