Letters and numbers are finished as well as the spacing, I'm currently working to complete the punctuation
Subtract is a minimalist typeface, reducing detail to the simplest legible form of each character, using a fluid mix of curved and linear forms for an aesthetic that is refined, uncluttered, precise and stylish.
Elegance in typeface design is usually associated with decorative, scriptive or serif fonts. Subtract takes away from the basic letterform rather than adding.This is a clone
Collection of linear-interpolated circle attempts, or simply faux-Bezier circles and other curvature related materials.
This toolset basically is collection of pre-made fake circles and curves in numerous different sizes to make ones workflow easier. It could also simply serve as a educative tool that demonstrates the basic FontStruct technique used for making fake curves and circles.
Initially I intended this to be much more complete, but it is simply too much work, and would take forever to get published at once.
Please don't expect this to be perfect, a lot gets fairly close to the "real-deal".
But keep in mind that they remain raw approximations of their true Bezier counterparts. I will try to improve whatever is needed as time progresses, as well as most likely add more stuff.
--- No filters were used ---
I hope you like it so far,
Feel free to copy, re-use, improve or even destroy!
At the end of October I decided to dive into the new Bricks 'Connect'. I started with the lowercase 's' & 'a'. Working out what the minimal size I could fontstruct it in, then expanded and condensed it from there to accomadate the rest of the glyths. You can still see these in the font above (Just before the Latin characters. As I progressed I came to love the thin white gaps, and then tried to have every glyth with some element of the curved white gap in it. Some were more successful than others. As you can see, I have included the less preferred options at the end. I've also designed some of the final glyphs in illustrator, as it was impossible to have all of them with one white line, without help from an external app.
The most difficult glyphs to create and ultimately the most satisfying once completed were the 'V' and '~'.
I liked the look of final font so much, that I decided to create a whole family. Cableguynium 0 (which has Zero cables), CableGuynium 2 (which has 1-2 cables per glyth), and CableGuynium 3 (Which has 3-4 cables).
Unusually I struggled naming this font, I have early versions saved called Flowonica, Rubber Tyre, Ice Skater and Fibropticon, ..... eventually settling on CableGuynium as it was the most memorable.
ANY CRITICISM, GOOD OR BAD IS WELCOMED.
Inspired by a poster in one of the maps in Team Fortress 2. Serious. No joke
But I took it serious like how serious a rounded font should be treated.
I'll probably make a sans version. Wait for dat
Indyga, a fresh new font from designer Lyle M.
Visit www.lylem.com for more info and font mockups.
Made as part of the “Found type” project for UWE Bristol. Inspired by the word “Squishy” I explored ‘doughy’ avenues and decided to base a font around first donuts and then finally settled on jam. This font is inconsistent, no one letter is uniformed. It portrays a wet and fluid feel that could be seen in any cookbooks or type for children. I would imagine this font to be useful for a very small audience as it is very specific. It could be used beyond the jam idea and be useful in terms of science fiction as it looks ambiguous out of context of the materials. This is not the finished product and it will be worked on over the next few months.
A collection of circles (and ovals), inspired by the circles I saw in p2pnut's composites tool ... several of these circles I found ready-made in other fonts (I apologise,I didn't note down the designer's name so I can't give credits --- I'll try to backtrack though as I don't blindly copy things and hand out as my own work. Most of these circles I made with the bricks available in the fontstructor, for some I made the composites, some I assembled using shapes and composites made by others.
Thank you to everybody who enabled cloneability of their fonts so that I could see in detail how you made those tricky/exciting curves (to either recreate them and the composites under my own steam or to import into this tool kit).
This is a work in progress as I discover more curves made by members; with the new FontStructor we all will have more circular excitement coming...