My font was made as a response to technological rebirth. The designers I have referenced and researched to create this font operated in the early days of technology and the internet. My font mirrors the exciting momentum behind design in these times. Something that is still moving and taking shape.
'Fold' was inspired by the theme 'energetic', and coveying movement within a form that doesn't move. I thought about how things fold, creating this type face in which the letters follow the same 'folding' movement.
FORWARD- I wanted to create a font in which felt like it had movement. I also wanted it to relate to codeing and glitching, so it had a technical feel. This font connects together, even when re-arranged. This was put in place to lead the viewer through the text so that they felt they were being lead into a digital world. I wanted This Font to be Energetic and hectic, and i feel like ive done this with the use of smaller pixels breaking up the thicker and more readable lettering.This is a clone
Read as I read 2 is a typeface that I have developed from the previous design 'Read as I read'. With the same aim to capture the movement upon which the letters are distributed around the page caused by dyslexia. A feature common amongst dyslexics, that causes difficulty and uncertainty when trying to make out written words. In developing the typeface I aimed to increase legibility, to make it more universal. Whilst continuing to capture the context of why I initially created the typeface. Representing this by combining the same letter form twice, and overlayingthem in order to capture the aspect of movement. This time all in captials to help with legibility.
The main theme of this typeface is based on tension and the structure of muscle and muscle fibers. Originally I started off with the word energise and from there I looked at sugar and then the consumption of sugar which helps fuel your body and muscles. I then began to explore muscle forms and how it is structured around bones, ligaments and how it is intertwined. I then tried to translate this all into letterform.