Here you can see my headache relating to composites for the new bricks. The 4-way link shows that our present 16 brick limit for composites is insufficient if we want precision joins. I discovered this also with the 1 and 3 linebricks. I wonder how Meek managed to create the bricks ;)
This is the 'positive' version to the 'negative design' n8 Solstice versions and shows that the boxy look seen there is softened through curves and airy lines. There is a lot of charme and elegance in the glyphs. The Q, Z and 2 gave me so many problems in the parent font, here we see why; I think I succeeded using the decorated boxes I introduced in the parent font, to create interesting slanted lines in some glyphs that can have tricky slants. This isn't for the reversecomp even though I made it after the Solstice versions white-on-black.This is a clone of n8 Solstice Wege
I had thought of making this my 2nd competition entry but while it's attractive it lacks something.
It shows all horizontal and vertical lines that weren't placed in its parent font "n8 Solstice noir". But the font itself still uses white cut-outs in a a black rectangle.
Somehow this presentation reminds me of a lino print, stencil, photographic negative.
The original font didn't disturb me, this design however kept nagging me, wanting to get out as a positive. I couldn't resist this demand and turned its clone into the usual black-on-white presentation 'Solstice Day'This is a clone
A long time ago I doodled some glyphs on paper and recreated them in the Fontstructor. They took definite shape with the variety of bricks available as I adjusted the design when actually working with the bricks. The original glyphs became part of a new font which stayed dormant for a long time because I had other font projects to work on. While looking for a font to suit my font-a-month series I revived this design, polished the UC, added LC and numbers. The airy look is ideal for summer.
Hope you enjoy this year's "September" :)