A multi-line design which is slightly reminescent of mazes/fingerprints. It's not designed to create functional mazes, but it is somewhat capable!
"Absinthelyric Print" is an anagram for "Labyrinthine Script".
Original size: 11.25pt. Use multiples of this value for pixel perfection. (If you use antialiasing, it will look perfect at most any size.)
1. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
2. Alphabetic glyphs must have open terminals; numerals and symbols must have closed terminals. Letters which do not terminate (D,O, etc.) must be broken so that they terminate.
3. Glyphs must fill the 15x15 grid.
4. Ligatures and combinatorial glyphs must fit into one letter's space.
5. Draw from the outside in.
Based on the theme 'Accept Advice'. Inspired by 3 year old's advice on improving each letter.
Based on the theme 'Accept Advice'. Inspired by 6 year old's advice on improving each letter.
Aenvidere (the normal weight version) still needs fine-tuning and kerning, still. That will come, eventually :) At the moment I'm quite busy doing too many things concurrently.
Check the font description for AlexGar-Aenvidere for details.
At a later date I'll publish a squared-off version of this. Aenvidere SQ will have the same glyph style but will be wider than the other versions which might make it less useful as a "tool" to attract attention when added as splash insert in text that uses another Aenvidere version.
At the end of October I decided to dive into the new Bricks 'Connect'. I started with the lowercase 's' & 'a'. Working out what the minimal size I could fontstruct it in, then expanded and condensed it from there to accomadate the rest of the glyths. You can still see these in the font above (Just before the Latin charachters. As I progressed I came to love the thin white gaps, and then tried to have every glyth with some element of the curved white gap in it. Some were more successful than others. As you can see, I have included the less preferred options at the end. I've also designed some of the final glyphs in illustrator, as it was impossible to have all of them with one white line, without help from an external app.
The most difficult glyphs to create and ultimately the most satisfying once completed were the 'V' and '~'.
I liked the look of final font so much, that I decided to create a whole family. Cableguynium 0 (which has Zero cables), CableGuynium 2 (which has 1-2 cables per glyth), and CableGuynium 3 (Which has 3-4 cables).
Unusually I struggled naming this font, I have early versions saved called Flowonica, Rubber Tyre, Ice Skater and Fibropticon, ..... eventually settling on CableGuynium as it was the most memorable.
ANY CRITICISM, GOOD OR BAD IS WELCOMED.