A compressed, squareish microfont. 4x4, monospaced, no wasted matrix.
I like how this one uses all the space it occupies. Glyphs like ijl1 fill out the words they're in rather than creating voids. Also, i looks kind of like a lit candlestick, and I like that.
Original size: 3pt (use multiples of this size for pixel perfection)
Experimental sliced sans serif. My goal here was to make a design which would result in an extremely compact and durable physical stencil. If any readers end up constructing this stencil, I'd love to see it! I don't own any CNC tech myself...
1.3 - added More Latin and Google Fonts Basic bands.
1.2 - added uppercase, changed name to "Aegris Stencil".
1.1 - edited for more readability at small size. Glyphs with enclosed loops were altered so that the "movement" of the segments always runs clockwise.
1.0 - released.
A font made for a friend's board game!
This gives me a strong "film credits" feeling with its high impact and simple geometry.
This project has changed my view of type by being patient and to really think about how the typeface will be protrayed in a product. My typeface reminds me of an "old-school" videogame. I had alot of fun with this project because I got familier with the tools in this program very quickly. I hope you enjoy my font, Funky Pixels!
Just a stencil doodle. Seems like it would go well with the Kitchen Sink family.
This is built at roughly 3.5x5, but shrunk with filters to look squareish and to make the line spacing very small.
See also:Guillotine Blade
An experiment which attempts to harmonize soft curves and straight lines while eschewing angles. The result is this "inkflow" design. What is the opposite of an inktrap? I don't know, so I'm calling it inkflow.
This could also be viewed as a hybridization of neon-style lettering and normal sans serif... it is not quite made to be either one, but could act as a decent companion font to them. Most neon fonts need a larger size and are thus more suited to headers, while this design is well suited to body text.
This could also ALSO be considered a Hybrid because it works as both a pixel font and a high-res one.
Experimental mosaic... or maybe a new mineral species?
This one started as a doodle. I began placing circles to see what kinds of complex shapes I could make, and this was the result.
It achieves a new visual effect at almost every size up to the original. Also try slowly moving the zoom slider for some interesting animations!
This font is now nearly 1MB in size! I guess it has to do with the intrinsic complexity of circles.
Experimental 24-segment display or massive monochrome Mondrian matrix. Pixel compatible!
The thinking behind this one was that with incongruously sized segments arranged in the proper way, I would create a design which was effectively 5x5, but which accomodated more glyphs than 5x5 usually does. Negative space is incorporated into the structure of many glyphs, though not enough to classify this as an IVO design.
"Qualtron" is the name of an imaginary entity that a friend believed in - a being meant to represent the result of "a mathematical equation that can rule the universe". I didn't inquire further about it... :D
1. Segments can have interior length/width of 2 or 5.
2. The central 2x2 square must always remain open.
3. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
Original size: 20.75pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
I'm having agrate time here! I can hardly cage my excitement.
This effect font can achieve many looks - riveted plating, segmented displays, spectrograms, grills, cages, formations of vehicles seen from high altitude, jails, and more!
I was making some new bricks to add to Brick Basket when the idea of a segmented display made from composites occurred to me. The result is this experimental 25-segment display.
This achieves some interesting "double line"/"folded line" effects. It also gets some pecuilar distortions at smaller sizes.
I built diamonds sized according to the Fibonacci series, then made a design out of them. The design was then carved away and modified to make the glyphs you see here. I used the members 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8. These sizes proved most feasible to work with in this sort of arrangement.
I gave the terminals a flared appearance which I think makes the glyphs look slightly Celtic. The design also makes me think of beach sand and things found on the beach - shells, pretty rocks, and so on.
Not to be confused with "Diamondized".
Made via subtractive methods.