Blackletter, as small as possible, as elegant as possible.
Fun fact: The name Minotur came from the shortening of "minimal textur".
Inspired by trying to thread heddles on a 4-shafter .........
The design uses a lot of nudging, a little stacking and composites, using some of the exciting extended capabilities of the FontStructor.
The font's name is Maori and means "weaving".
This font is as finished as I need to have it at the moment. I'll add a few more glyphs later.
My final entry in the competition. Inspired by Mazey, zlabyrinths eYe/FS, and wavelength. Each glyph has its own maze, and each maze connects with the next. Tilde ~ and low line _ connect words, grave ` closes beginnings and ends, and the left and right arrows < > are for the start and end. There are also some alternates in Extended Latin A. Suggestions and critiques are welcome. Thanks!
04/06/14 The whole font has been updated to be one brick taller, and thus properly fit onto a grid. Also, some characters have been redesigned. V2.0
05/13/14 All punctuation has been modified to continue a word maze. V2.1
07/05/14 1000 downloads! Hooray! As a 'thank you', I've completed more of More Latin. V2.2
08/22/14 I've made the accents part of the maze. I've also changed a few characters, and added Œ and œ. V2.3
08/04/15 Added Polish support with Ą, Ć, Ę, Ł, Ń, Ś, Ź, and Ż. Tweaked a few characters as well, and added a crossbar to the ð. V2.4
06/18/16 Added support for multiple languages with more Cyrillic chars and punctuation. Also tweaked a few chars.
Apparently, it is quite easy to forget what gets a fontstruction going. Something about ultra condensed bla bla bla. The rest is just a matter of having a creative activity to occupy the mind. And if in the process you can help out a friend, all the better.
Study with Segment Displays. (My own conception/designe)
Objective: To have less than 16 segments (16 bits = 2 bytes of data).
Only capital letters!
Some More Latin Symbols added.
See alternative letters and numbers in Latin Extended B.
Cyrillic ( Russian, Belarusian,Ukrainian,Bulgarian) [approximate]
----------> view И/Й/ - E/Ë - У/Ў - I/Ï - Э/Є/E/З - Г/Ґ
I saw the logo for tramplin.tv [pictured below] a loooong time ago and was fascinated by it. It used to live on my computer desktop so I can look at it frequently. Even thought to redo it in fontstruct but...just looking at it, it was clear it wasn't doable...at least back then. At some point, the image was moved off to some other to-be-filed folder, and eventually I forgot about it.
I found it again the other day while hunting for some other file.
It was still fascinating. And in the meantime, fontstruct had grown up considerably (Thanks, Rob!). It was time to attempt doing it.
Well, kicked my ass, didn't it.
It seems so simple: One diagonal that goes from one letter to another in smooth transition, bisected by a different angle diagonals. No. Easy in concept, killer in making the geometry work of 2×1 diagonals to 1×4 diagonals.
No matter what thickness of diagonals were selected and whatever the gaps were left, the angles would not line up at some point or another. Which was confusing as 2 goes into 4 exactly 2 times, so things should have lined up without complication. I remembered, many years ago kix used Transparent Windows utility to make the browser transparent so he could trace silhouetted figures for one of his brilliant fs. Even tried tracing. Nope. After many failed attempts, had to break out Illustrator to better visualize the grid and diagonal guides of my own.
[See picture below]
Figuring out the geometry was much simpler in Ai. Found out where I was going wrong. First attempt at doing a and m and making them line up worked like a charm. From then on, it was just a matter of doing the glyphs. Some of them were simple to execute; others like e and c and especially z were quite difficult...at least for my limited intelligence.
Anyway, here it is.
Disclaimer: The original logo is probably copyrighted to someone. I don't own the rights to it. It is displayed here for comparision purposes and for full disclosure. If the owners of the original logo have a objection for its display here, it will be removed immediately.
This font was inspired by the works of Christophe Szpajdel (Lord of the Logos, 2010, Die Gestalten Verlag), as well as by the film trilogy and the following game titles (e.g. Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, 2014) based on Tolkien's epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings. Given the game theme, and the 48 bricks vertical limit, I thought more or less around pixel art, or pixel fonts. This is my endeavour to make a spiky blackletter in Szpajdel's black metal style that evokes the terror of Mordor at pixel level. This font has been extensively tested for best kerning, yet some issues might have remained unresolved.This is a clone
I once saw a Macula font's ad here in Fontsruct and wanted to try to make smth similar with Fontstructor, and so the draft has been laying around since February (see the image in comments). This work is based off that draft and is more or less consistent. The result is similar to Four's font Rock Paper Scissors (and maybe some other fonts). Thank you.
Introducing Caprine 1.3! Now supports Cyrillic!
Caprine is based on roller graffiti you can see in virtually any urban area. The straight and rigid lines and angles, along with the thick drop shadows make the face a real crowd pleaser.