All cap bold serif
kerned : Russian, Latin Basic, More Latin
I can't even type cyrillic extended, there are too many letters in latin extended, I don't have greek keyboard either
I wish I could make everything, but I'm a human after all (or am I?), I decided that this is good enough
While suffering some serious fonter's block, here's another "wonky" experiment: this time, based on my "21st Century Dot Matrix" font. Random numbers were used to determine each dot's nudged position for the vertical (–½ / –¼ / 0 / +¼ / +½), and another set of random numbers for the horizontal. Each position had an equal 20% chance of placement.
On the previous "wonky" font ("Wonky Pins"), I adjusted some dots manually to be more visually pleasing, but I refrained from doing that here. Because so many dots were nudged to extreme positions (–½ & +½ vertically and horizontally) WITHOUT further adjustment, the printed text is still legible but definitely not as refined at "Wonky Pins"...
This typeface was also based on 2 sets of dots this time: one randomized set for an even number of dots across a row (6 or 8), and the other set for an odd number of dots (7). Sometimes, even dots and odd dots are used together on the same row in order to match the placement in the original design. These blocks are present in the "À" position. A slightly larger generic block in position "Á" is only present to prevent word processors from 'cutting off' dots nudged too far vertically up or down; initial test printings resulted in ½ dots being printed at those extremes.
Perhaps another "wonky" experiment will place the extreme ends at a lower chance of occurance (perhaps 10%) while the other three (–¼ / 0 / +¼) more at likely at 26.67% each. Or perhaps an even higher chance that the dot is not even nudged at all, with lower likelihoods as you move outwards to the extremes. This might alleviate the need for any manual adjustments, yet still get the point across that something... something has gone wonky with the printer...
A modern hairline sans style font.
design grid: 3,5 × 4,5 units
brick size filter: 2 × 2
stroke weight: 1/8
I tried to incorporate rounded letter parts and corners but this was very tricky to pull off with this thin stoke weight. The font works best at small size due to very small imperfctions.
I hope you like it nonetheless!This is a clone
Bauhaus inspired geometric design.
I know there is tons of out there already, still I had to do one myself!
It's far from perfect, but it was made on a very tiny grid space, so a whole lot of space to occupy with bricks wasn't a luxury this one! (I'll demonstrate a example below)
Still I think it looks pretty rad so far!This is a clone
this font was created for the logo of my discord server, "DOLPHIN." it was actually my first fontstruction, but has undergone some revisions and is now being released publically. it is heavily inspired by the font "FUTU" by emil bertell.
Condensed geometric sans-serif typeface inspired by the lettering seen on a variety of different Dutch and German street signs.
The simple and clean geometric letterforms provide this typeface with a strong legibility in both display & body style text.
(grid size 3,5 × 7 at 2x2 brick size filter)
Support for 34 languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Zulu.
A lot has happened since I opened this account. Six birthdays, a life-changing diagnosis, other pivotal life events. Well, this may very well be my last post on here. With the start of a new chapter in life - getting a job, starting a business, volunteering, schoolwork, etc. - I've no more time to really work on these like I used to when I was, say, eleven. I hope y'all understand and I wish y'all the best. Thanks ~
I created this typeface around the theme of gregarious, focusing on gregarious plants. I started with drawing the letterforms in ink using a rolled up leaf. The results were twig-like marks which reminded me of the illustrations from 'A Monster Calls' so I developed the letters thinking how they could work alongside this or another story. The name 'This Wild Earth' is taken from the book and I think reflects the scratchy and bold feel of the typeface.