Small-grid doodle which creates new combinatorial forms.
I considered this design rather rough and unappealing until I gave it negative spacing. This caused the forms to merge together in unpredictable and interesting ways. The lesson here is that sometimes the metrics, not the aesthetics, are what "make" or "save" a design.
Recreation of the pixel font from Konami's "Jail Break" (1986). Fairly standard, with the classic Konami "Y", and a few interesting details in on the "J", "K", "W" and "Z". Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
One of my older ideas. A font where you can basically change the colors to get a different nation (this one is Belgium) that uses vertical triband flag. Not sure if I should publish every country one-by-one though. What do you think?
If you played Minecraft for a while, you may or may not recognize or seen this font. And yes the Ẅ, Ẁ, Ẃ and Ỳ have different looking accents, but that's how it is in the original. And lastly, I will add more glyphs/characters/letters in the future. And yes I know it's a Unicode font but Fontstruct wouldn't allow us to access every character set. And I made this font just for fun. That's all! (edit: I changed the name from "Minecraft Java" to "Minecraft GNU" 9/21/21)
The sample you made doesn't make sense, it's not the same style as the one i made and yes i know all of this is not 100% accurate.
A recreation of the font used on the logo of LSD: Dream Emulator for the PS1. IMPORTANT NOTE #1: Most of the symbols and the diacritical accents are made by my own because I didn't found the characters on the LSD game and/or LSD promotional articles.
IMPORTANT NOTE #2: The lowercase "i" has a dot for the Turkish language and others (I/ı, İ/i), the same for the lowercase "j" (J/ȷ, (There's no Unicode for the capital "J" with dot)/j); so please use the the lowercase dotless "i" and "j".
Unicode codes (You can copy-paste the characters too.): ı (U+0131), İ (U+0130).
The Super Mario Kart fonts for menus, credits and the result screen. This is different from the timer font.
The early ! is mapped to @.
Yes, the T really is 9-pixel long in game, this isn't an error.
It's been a fun one to make, this one. A very late-90s futurism slant to it, if you want something for your Dreamcast convention it's pretty much all yours.
The Unicode bitmap font from Minecraft, also known as GNU Unifont. The game has a font priority system called "providers" that looks for bitmap data for a specific character in the non-Latin European character set first, then in the accented Latin character set, then in the game's low-res default font, then finally here, in the high-res Unicode character set. You can override this priority system by going into Options... > Language..., then setting "Force Unicode Font" to ON.
The game stores this font in images containing 16 rows and 16 columns of characters. Each character is 16 pixels wide and 16 pixels tall, totalling 256 characters per image. Each image represents one Unicode codepage, and there are 256 pages, which covers characters U+0000 to U+FFFF. Control characters and most CJK characters are omitted here, because FontStruct doesn't officially support them.
The font is not monospace, however, so the effective widths of each character are stored in a separate file called glyph_sizes.bin. Information for each character is stored in one byte, and the upper and lower 4 bits of this byte represent the start column and end column with a number ranging from 0 to 15, where 0 is the leftmost column of the character's allotted 16x16 space, and 15 is the rightmost column, respectively.
Knowing all of this allowed me to automate most of the steps involved in creating this recreation. I did not use the FontStructor to make this, I instead used a program to directly interact with FontStruct's API. It is possible to add unsupported characters to a font with this method, but I chose to stay within the limits of what is officially supported.