A font made for a LuneKnight, a Terraria mod by yours truly. It gets its name because parts of it remind me of halberd, partisan, and/or axe heads. I designed this to have the vaguely authoritation look of a Didone as well as a borderline-gaudy look that prevents this from being taken too seriously. These changes lent some much-needed character to the prototypical Didone from which this design evolved. The uppercase letters are more heavily ornamented, as if to suggest that they are letters from an illuminated manuscript.
The main texture is a diamond pattern inspired by vent holes in medieval armor. These were often made with a square punch, and help the font look more handmade. Actually, most of the quirks this font possesses are present to help present a handmade look.
The wider letters are incised, which seems to lessen their perceived wideness by breaking up the shapes. For me this effect lent a more natural flow to the reading.
The ornamentation rules are complicated and factor in lettershapes, English letter frequency, and the existing design parameters. One thing I can concisely explain is that glyphs which normally look fairly plain are ornamented to such an extent that they make others look plain instead (CGJLT1 among others).
Recreation of the pixel font from Konami's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project" (1991, released in Japan as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Manhattan Project") on the Famicom/NES.
This tile set originally included only a partial set of hiragana and katakana characters - these have been extended a bit in this recreation to make it more useful, but it's still not 100% complete. In the tile set, the dakuten and handakuten are separate tiles. In this recreation, characters that use them are pre-combined into a single glyph.
The original tile set was, oddly, also missing the latin "Q". This has been added here for completeness.
Apart from this, only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
Recreation of the pixel font from Konami's "Jail Break" (1986). Fairly standard, with the classic Konami "Y", and a few interesting details in on the "J", "K", "W" and "Z". Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
Symbols used on board Marengi Mk.0 and later ships.
- SEMIOTIC STANDARD -
1. All symbols are to be sized at least 72cm high for physical signage/labels and at least APX2.2 for use on electronic displays.
2. All symbols are to be prominently placed such that personnel do not obscure them as they perform their duties.
3. All labels/signage will use a strongly photoreactive pigment of hexadecimal color #E43B44 for the outline. All electronic versions will use the aforementioned hex color for their outlines as well.
I really liked my last slab serif font, and so I decided to make another one. This time, we've put the file on it and rounded the corners.
Finally, a pixel font that supports English, Turkish, Portuguese, Italian, French, and Spanish glyphs, and even some Hungarian ones! Inspired by modern sans-serif typefaces (mainly Helvetica), with highly readable and consistent lettering.
Let me know if there are any other glyphs you'd like to have with it, and I'll update it! Planning on implementing Cyrillic next.
Taken from _Priscilla Juniors' Cross Stitch Book_ byThe Priscilla Publishing Co. (1914). Orginal only has minuscule.
My own attempt at a small, chunky, proportional font. Inspired by elements of similar small 4x4 fonts - though breaking out of a strict 4x4 restriction where absolutely necessary, and with the addition of some non-chunky punctuation and special characters.
This is an open source, public domain pixel font. It was originally designed for another game, but repurposed as a public domain font so that it could be used in the Arcanists 2 project.