Clone of Xenophobe. Font from Xenophobe, (C)1987 Bally Midway Mfg Co. Uppercase and numerals are the same design found in Discs of TRON, (C) 1983 Bally Midway Mfg Co. Lowercase contains the small lettering used within the game, with alternates found in the More Latin section. Letter "q" created by Goatmeal.This is a clone of Xenophobe
Font from Xenophobe, (C)1987 Bally Midway Mfg Co. Uppercase and numerals are the same design found in Discs of TRON, (C) 1983 Bally Midway Mfg Co. Lowercase contains the small lettering used within the game, with alternates found in the More Latin section. Letter "q" created by Goatmeal.
Trying my hand at another movie logo font, inspired by the terrific posters for 1981's "Escape From New York". Kern at your own peril.
I do NOT know who has the copyright of this font. Be careful using it. I do NOT own this font.
A pixel-for-pixel recreation of the font on TI-83 and black and white TI-84 graphing calculators, remapped to Unicode.
This is a font for a language that I created, Veltrek. This particular font is used in low-resolution settings where curves would be difficult, such as inscribing in stone. So, think a monolith in an 8-bit game. :)
The letters don't match up with English, but I tried to match the sounds to their equivalents as closely as I could within reason. If you want further details, feel free to contact me.This is a clone
Labrynian Rounded. This cypher is part of a worldbuilding project for a story I have yet to properly write. It's designed to be vaguely english-readable with enough concentration.This is a clone
Clone/continuation of Arc Brick 2:2 by geneus1. If you're new, check that link out - lots to learn from in there. All credit to geneus1 for the idea and the basic design of this font.
The original looked like it had something mechanically new and interesting going on, so I cloned it to see what that was. It turned out to be something fairly ordinary. From there I decided to see what I could turn the design into.
"abdgmnpqru" were given stems to make them look more bookish (and to quell mild neurosis).
The stems reduced the "roundedness" of the overall font slightly too much. So "aehmn" were made more rounded.
"bdfhijkl" were shortened to match the height of the uppercase.
"j" was extruded so its descender matched that of "g" and "y". This did affect j's spacing but I think it's a net benefit overall.
"M" and "W" were narrowed so they would be closer to the other letters in width.
"kx" made symmetrical so they look more like the other lowercase.
"r" was rounded but its overhang was left in because the flat edge it presents helps reduce the needed kerning. Most of my graphics software doesn't support kerning, so I try to make letters that don't need it. A few other letters might benefit from this same sort of consideration.
"ft" were modified for kerning's sake, similar to "r".
Spacing values were widely modified, again to avoid kerning.
Some glyphs were added.
Finally, filter sizes were changed and letters were slightly flattened to help lend them a more distinctive character and help me cram more lines onscreen when using this as a chat font.This is a clone of Arc Brick 2:2 Sample Font
This font is a recreation of Richard Wisan's "ELITEQ.LQN" font file (c) 1990 for use with the program LQMATRIX. From Mr. Wisan's comment in the LQMATRIX documentation file: "ELITEQ.LQN: resembles Epson's resident Roman font, but slightly reduced to suit elite spacing."
LQMATRIX was a font design program for use with Epson LQ [Letter Quality] 24-pin dot matrix printers and compatibles. Created by noted linguist, anthropologist, and photographer J. David Sapir, the program had its beginnings in 1985 and was published by Jimmy Paris Software; the last known version that I have been able to find is version 4.44 (1991). Mr. Sapir included font set submissions from LQMATRIX users in some of the later updates; my version includes Mr. Wisan's file. A screenshot of the program is included in the comments section below.
While the graphics mode of dot matrix printers could print rather complex pictures, it remained extremely slow for large amounts of specialized text. By uploading an LQMATRIX font file into the printer's RAM, the temporary font could be used interchangeablely with the printer's resident ROM fonts. The result was a much faster print speed with little sacrifice in quality -- plus, one could design their own special glyphs or characters to suit their needs!
This was accomplish by a sophisticated design program included with LQMATRIX, whereby users could create and save characters or symbols on a 24 vertical by 15 horizontal grid for the ASCII locations 032–126 (although 001-127 were permitted). One could even place dots in the 14 half-positions along the horizontal.
I have cleaned-up some of the curvatures and harmonized a number of glyphs (along with outright modification of a few, like W and w), yet they still adhere to the same 24 x 15 grid. The original designs can be found beginning in the "More Latin" section. Because the characters for "left single quotation mark" and "right single quotation mark" were not present in DOS, I have "created" them here for sake of completion.