“When I am drawing letters, I use the same approach. I am drawing the white shapes not the black strokes.”
Peace, love and fair bricks to you all.
The theme this time around is “Reverse” which you are welcome to understand in any sense e.g. inverted, backwards, opposite, negative, or however else you wish to interpret it – literally or metaphorically.
Remember to tag your entry with “Reversecomp” before the 8th of July and don’t forget to upload a sample image.
Before starting, please read the rules below carefully, even if you are a frequent FontStructor.
Competition Time Period
Monday, 19th June 2017 – Saturday 8th July, 2017
- You must be a registered FontStruct user.
- Your submission(s) must be posted and made “public” between 19th June 2017 and Saturday 8th July, 2017. Although you are encouraged to share your submission(s) at any time between these dates, your FontStruction submission(s) must be public (marked “share with everyone”) no later than 8th July, 2017 at 11pm PST. Additionally, your submission(s) must remain public at least until 15th July 2017 in order to give the judges enough time to review all qualifying entries.
- Your submission(s) must be tagged with a “Reversecomp” tag. (For fairness, during the competition time period, no FontStruction with the “Reversecomp” tag will be awarded a Top Pick.)
- Your submission(s) must be downloadable. If your FontStruction cannot be downloaded, the submission will not be including in the judging.
- Your submission must be a newly published FontStruction. Simply adding the “Reversecomp” tag to an already published font is not allowed.
- For each submission, you must post at least one sample image in the comments of the FontStruction.
- No letters in each submission can be MORE THAN 48 grid squares high.
- FontStruct cloning is permitted but the judges will be looking for original work.
- You may enter up to three FontStructions to the competition.
- This is a friendly competition. Cheering, favoriting and fun banter is encouraged but cruel and uncivil behavior will not be tolerated.
- No rules regarding licensing. You may choose any license you like for your FontStruction.
Judging and announcing the winners
All qualifying FontStructions will by judged by the FontStruct staff and guest judges, July 8th–15th. Three prizewinners will be chosen. One of these will be the FontStructors’ Favorite. Winners will be announced in a FontStruct Blog post on Monday July 17th.
Each winner can choose a t-shirt printed with a FontStruction glyph of their choice.
The valid entry with the greatest number of legitimate favorites at 11pm PST on 15th July 2017 will be one of the three prizewinners.
If you have questions just add them as comments to this post.
May the best FontStruction win.
FontStructions in header image are, from left to right, fs Unstruct by William Leverette (will.i.ૐ), Negative Shadow by Kai Harrison, zouvenir2U eYe/FS by elmoyenique, Upside Down by cmunk, paper cut by ben17, inverted by cmunk and Bloxed by cayo.