A very tiny font for western music. Might support other types of music notation in the future. (Finished in 3 days… for now)
This font is a collection of musical accidentals for uses in musical and music-theoretical contexts. The symbols should, at the very least, line up at a common line and have similar size to regular characters, so you can use them to express just about anything relating to musical pitch, particularly microtonal theory.
The set includes (in no logical order, my apologies):
- Regular accidentals up to triple sharp and triple flat
- Stein-Zimmerman quarter tone accidentals up to double-semi-sharp and double-semi-flat
- Accidentals with arrows, up to two arrows up/down on both sets of regular accidentals (up to double flat/sharp) and Stein accidentals (up to sesqui-sharp/sesqui-flat)
- Wyschnegradsky 72-EDO accidentals, up to 11/12-tone sharp and 11/12-tone flat
- Turkish accidentals used in the Turkish 53-EDO-esque system, as well as x-comma sharps and flats
- Persian quarter tone accidentals, should they be needed
- Heimholtz-Ellis Just Intonation accidentals up to 29-limit JI, as well as symbols for tempered notes
- Simple arrows. Just two arrows; one up, one down.