cloned from RM Romantic Carved shadow FS1 by p2pnut, and RM Romantic Carved FS1 by p2pnut
The designer of this FontStruction has chosen not to make it available for download from this website by choosing an “All Rights Reserved" license.
Please respect their decision and desist from requesting license changes in the comments.
If you would like to use the FontStruction for a specific project, you may be able to contact the designer directly about obtaining a license.
Copy the HTML from the box below and paste it into your website or blog.
Excellent, compared to the others this is pleasantly smooth.
It's amazing what the changes to FS have enabled us to do since the first version came out isn't it?
Can't wait to see what new goodies Mr M has in store for us :)
That A and that groovy K are unmistakably yours. Elegant, refined, beautiful. I'd expect nothing less from you ;-) 10/10
And I cannot wait for the new bricks :-)
Sensational, as usual, m*st*r! 10/10.
Lots of gorgeousness going on with these flared serifs rendered in a three-dimensional, engraved look. The conchoidal (shell-like) ball terminals are particularly fun. It’s amazing to compare the FS1 original to v.2 and see just how far you (and the fontstructor) have come in the faux-bezier department. Everybody, click pxl for a demonstration of a painstakingly hand–anti-aliased appeal.
Some notes on overshoots and such:
· C and G may not need them. Compare to D.
· J’s tail could drop down a little lower.
· Same for the legs of K and R.
· Q’s tail could be smoothed out.
· r is 2 or 3 bricks too wide.
· Try increasing the overshoots at the baseline by a whole brick for a, b, c, d, e, o, p, q, t, u.*
· Try increasing the overshoots at the x-height by a whole brick for b, c, d, e, g, m, n, o, p q.*
· If you increase the x-height overshoot of g, the bottom of the loop will need to drop a brick lower to balance the two counters. As well, c will want to become one brick narrower.
* The easy way to apply these adjustments (expanding counters at their vertical segments) may “square” the lowercase letters a bit too much for your liking. Joins between counters and stems may need to be refined a bit at this point. I have included an animate .gif to demonstrate these quick changes on a–g. Also, I applied the last notes above on c and g for reference.
Above all – awesome work, Ray! 10/10
...and here’s r three bricks narrower compared to the original:
Whoops, forgot to save the noted modification to c. Here’s the last one, I promise:
Thank you all for your kind words - and a big thankyou to William for his very welcome (as always) suggestions - which I have incorporated.
The reason for revisiting this font is that I was asked if it could be included in a book - "Fashionable Fonts and Decorative Art Parts", to be published by Impress Communications, Inc. in Japan. I decided that I really couldn't allow the original version to appear as it was and so set about the major overhaul that resulted in every glyph being changed.
They have promised to send me a copy when it is published - now all I have to do is learn how to read Japanese!
Omedetou Gozaimasu, Ray san! (Congratulations, Ray!)
I’m looking at again this and finally have decided to suggest you also narrow ‘e’ by 1 brick. It’s looking just slightly too wide right now. Everything else is looking fine!
Even better than the original. Post an image of the book page with the font when you get your copy!
Thanks guys - and the 'e' has been narrowed. Your keen eye keeps me on my toes William.
You are a real master in FS
congrats it's a masterpiece
CONGRATULUATIONS! on 2 things...
Making an awesome font, and having it be in a book! It'll soon be 3 things, because this obviously deserves to be a Top Pick. 10/10
This is a really nice font I like 3D
THUMBS UP FOR YOU C:
This GameComp winner from Zhalgas Kassymkulov transforms multiple, mind-bending, arithmetic puzzles into a well-designed and genuinely legible font.
Download, Discuss, Clone ...
FontShop is the original independent retailer of digital type. We offer more than 100,000 fonts from dozens of expert-selected foundries.
Buy and Download from FontShop.com
Tees, bags, caps, bibs.Support FontStruct.
The results are in for the FontStruct “Game” competition“.
Read more ...