Blackletter, as small as possible, as elegant as possible.
Fun fact: The name Minotur came from the shortening of "minimal textur".
Inspired by trying to thread heddles on a 4-shafter .........
The design uses a lot of nudging, a little stacking and composites, using some of the exciting extended capabilities of the FontStructor.
The font's name is Maori and means "weaving".
This font is as finished as I need to have it at the moment. I'll add a few more glyphs later.
the study of crop (or cropt) circles :) some of these appear in ornaments. when i did that one, i felt many of the designs reminded me of crop circles. so i added a few more :) i've done a couple of other crop circle fonts. but it kind of seems natural to make crop circles out of circles (dots), doesn't it? i have also tried to show the progression of similar designs by trying to keep/group them together, but there are some strays here and there :)
My final entry in the competition. Inspired by Mazey, zlabyrinths eYe/FS, and wavelength. Each glyph has its own maze, and each maze connects with the next. Tilde ~ and low line _ connect words, grave ` closes beginnings and ends, and the left and right arrows < > are for the start and end. There are also some alternates in Extended Latin A. Suggestions and critiques are welcome. Thanks!
04/06/14 The whole font has been updated to be one brick taller, and thus properly fit onto a grid. Also, some characters have been redesigned. V2.0
05/13/14 All punctuation has been modified to continue a word maze. V2.1
07/05/14 1000 downloads! Hooray! As a 'thank you', I've completed more of More Latin. V2.2
08/22/14 I've made the accents part of the maze. I've also changed a few characters, and added Œ and œ. V2.3
08/04/15 Added Polish support with Ą, Ć, Ę, Ł, Ń, Ś, Ź, and Ż. Tweaked a few characters as well, and added a crossbar to the ð. V2.4
06/18/16 Added support for multiple languages with more Cyrillic chars and punctuation. Also tweaked a few chars.
Out of 111 bricks used, only ten are from existing bricks; all the rest are custom bricks. There would have been a lot more bricks if most weren't rotated or flipped.
3 bricks tall.
Apparently, it is quite easy to forget what gets a fontstruction going. Something about ultra condensed bla bla bla. The rest is just a matter of having a creative activity to occupy the mind. And if in the process you can help out a friend, all the better.
I started this typeface out with the letter 'a', and from there slowly build up the other glyphs and came to realise it looks like a festive type. It's most likely due to the terminals being very angular and sharp, and that thought strengthens ever more so after I tried using it in Adobe Illustrator.
I once saw a Macula font's ad here in Fontsruct and wanted to try to make smth similar with Fontstructor, and so the draft has been laying around since February (see the image in comments). This work is based off that draft and is more or less consistent. The result is similar to Four's font Rock Paper Scissors (and maybe some other fonts). Thank you.