LUCERNA — Neoclassical stencil serif
Lucerna is a modern neoclassical stencil serif in the Didot style.
Simple & Elegant...
Created primarily with the focus towards luxury fashion and marketing brand-oriented projects, aiming at luxurious and sophisticated design projects.
Although it’s a true and fully functional stencil, design focus wasn’t so much
concentrated around the 'functionality' part of the stencil concept. Instead it was more focussed on the stylish implementation of the concept and on making sure it looks pretty.
The stencil concept was achieved by way of stroke omissions. Some of which are large and drastic, leaving only critical parts of the stroke intact, while others are more subtle, like those detached crossbars or cuts seen in the hairlines.
Thin transitional bracketed serifs and a mixture of various sized teardrop- and pointy terminals, combined with the high stroke contrast, these make up for a sharp and interesting looking font that provokes this thoughtful stencil letter concept.
There is a lot of subtle dynamic height deviations going on, hoping to tune in to more of a lively rhythm, and introduce some playful characteristic properties.
Minute changes to optimize optical performance have also been implemented, such as overshoots. The relative low cap-height makes up for a somewhat short and stocky uppercase quality. Its accompanied by a relatively tall x-height that results in a fairly large lowercase size. Due to the lower cap-height of the font, the short ascenders parts of the lowercase letters still exceed above the Cap-Line, preserving some of that otherwise lost white space, improving legibility.
The design's missing segments and various random detached bits 'n pieces aren't as functional in smaller sizes. Making it harder to read or distinguish detached letter elements from puntuation marks. So it is best used for display purpose.
A small number of glyph alternative forms are included as well:
• 2 forms of lowercase letter a:Single-storey and double-storey (default).
• 2 forms of upper- and lowercase letters Ss:Pointy terminals (default) and teardrop terminals.
• 2 forms of upper- and lowercase letter Tt: Uppercase letter T has two variations of pointy terminals, normal angled and extra angular. Lowercase letter t has alternative form with teardrop shaped terminal to use at the end of words, and can add a slightly more stylish look. The default version has better proportional width with just a small non-decorative curved terminal, this default form has smaller width for a improved horizontal text advance.
• 4 forms for lowercase letter g:Just 3 additional extra slightly alternate forms.
• 5 forms for lowercase letter f:Bracketed (default), curved, teardrop narrow, teardrop extra narrow, teardrop wide.
• Extra set of Copyright symbols:Cap-height size and x-height size.
• 5 forms of Pilcrow symbols:Just 4 additional extra alternate forms.
It covers most basic Latin languages, 65 in total so far.
Several symbols and punctuation marks are included. (probably more later)
I hope you like it so far,
CheersThis is a clone
Uppercase font with some alternates in the lowercase zone. You can find an extra third "S" in the "t" glyph. See also zhellbar, the solid colour version.This is a clone of zhellbar Col eYe/FS
Coloured version of zulu. You can use the second different version of each glyph to avoid repetition in some words. These colours are inspired by a 2010 poster from the Apeloig's studio.This is a clone of zulu eYe/FS
Unicase font with alternates. Special characters: Blank space at the "\", "LT" pair (kerned) at the "fi" ligature and the "TJ" pair is at the "fl" too. Better to see the font at big size. Enjoy and Happy New Year 2023!This is a clone
Trying an unusual oblique way to spacing the parts in a stencil font. Looking at the glyphs, I'm not entirely satisfied with the final aspect of my "s", any suggestion to improve it (or also for other letters) are welcome. Thanks in advance. ❤️
The thing about a square of the things that are about a square is that they don't tile as well as squares do.This is a clone
A non standard stencil/piano-like font, using an experimental "guides + nudging" kerning process and a lot of smooth curvy shapes. Some soft alternates (for A, W, w, X, x, Y and y) are in the ligatures area at the More Latin section.This is a clone
Based on the TekWar logo. The letters (minus Q/X/Y) are recreated from the TV series titles, the rest are my additions.