My final entry in the competition. Inspired by Mazey, zlabyrinths eYe/FS, and wavelength. Each glyph has its own maze, and each maze connects with the next. Tilde ~ and low line _ connect words, grave ` closes beginnings and ends, and the left and right arrows < > are for the start and end. There are also some alternates in Extended Latin A. Suggestions and critiques are welcome. Thanks!
04/06/14 The whole font has been updated to be one brick taller, and thus properly fit onto a grid. Also, some characters have been redesigned. V2.0
05/13/14 All punctuation has been modified to continue a word maze. V2.1
07/05/14 1000 downloads! Hooray! As a 'thank you', I've completed more of More Latin. V2.2
08/22/14 I've made the accents part of the maze. I've also changed a few characters, and added Œ and œ. V2.3
08/04/15 Added Polish support with Ą, Ć, Ę, Ł, Ń, Ś, Ź, and Ż. Tweaked a few characters as well, and added a crossbar to the ð. V2.4
06/18/16 Added support for multiple languages with more Cyrillic chars and punctuation. Also tweaked a few chars.
This font was created around the theme of 'elegant'. I chose to focus on the elegance of flowing fabric and drapery, so designed these letters inspired by classical depictions of fabric in paintings and marble sculptures.This is a clone of DRAPERY
This font was originally inspired by the word "Unstable", from that word I began to look at multiple unstable characters. I chose to then focus on the new Joker film and the new character Joaquin Phoenix had created. The font used for the Joker advertisment was really impressive however I felt as though it didn't really do his character justice. This font was a way for me to better illustrate The Joker's new character.
First year UWE student. This typeface revolves around my chosen theme 'squishy' and incorporates organic and cloud-like properties; with 70's inspired assets.This is a clone
I saw the logo for tramplin.tv [pictured below] a loooong time ago and was fascinated by it. It used to live on my computer desktop so I can look at it frequently. Even thought to redo it in fontstruct but...just looking at it, it was clear it wasn't doable...at least back then. At some point, the image was moved off to some other to-be-filed folder, and eventually I forgot about it.
I found it again the other day while hunting for some other file.
It was still fascinating. And in the meantime, fontstruct had grown up considerably (Thanks, Rob!). It was time to attempt doing it.
Well, kicked my ass, didn't it.
It seems so simple: One diagonal that goes from one letter to another in smooth transition, bisected by a different angle diagonals. No. Easy in concept, killer in making the geometry work of 2×1 diagonals to 1×4 diagonals.
No matter what thickness of diagonals were selected and whatever the gaps were left, the angles would not line up at some point or another. Which was confusing as 2 goes into 4 exactly 2 times, so things should have lined up without complication. I remembered, many years ago kix used Transparent Windows utility to make the browser transparent so he could trace silhouetted figures for one of his brilliant fs. Even tried tracing. Nope. After many failed attempts, had to break out Illustrator to better visualize the grid and diagonal guides of my own.
[See picture below]
Figuring out the geometry was much simpler in Ai. Found out where I was going wrong. First attempt at doing a and m and making them line up worked like a charm. From then on, it was just a matter of doing the glyphs. Some of them were simple to execute; others like e and c and especially z were quite difficult...at least for my limited intelligence.
Anyway, here it is.
Disclaimer: The original logo is probably copyrighted to someone. I don't own the rights to it. It is displayed here for comparision purposes and for full disclosure. If the owners of the original logo have a objection for its display here, it will be removed immediately.
Cute, presentational, naive. Fun for short excursions, with a tendency to become a liability during extended travel.
A display typeface (probably best viewed small, I'm aware!) based upon some physical type I made from dark food colouring etched into sugar syrup. This was to represent the brief theme I picked of 'unstable', hence why all the characters are completely induvidual in size and shape. I have also published a second version which displays what happens when the food colouring bled into the sugar syrup.
Update of my other font with the rough edges cleaned up. Also has Lithuanian and Scandinavian alphabet characters (kind of). Recently brushed up a little more. Hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed making it.This is a clone of Fraktur mit Ligatur für Literatur