G1 Radia. A scaled down version of an originally larger fontstruction. Lots of details with smooth micro bullnose serifs, high contrast stroke lines, and decorative ball terminals.This is a clone
This font was inspired by the works of Christophe Szpajdel (Lord of the Logos, 2010, Die Gestalten Verlag), as well as by the film trilogy and the following game titles (e.g. Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, 2014) based on Tolkien's epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings. Given the game theme, and the 48 bricks vertical limit, I thought more or less around pixel art, or pixel fonts. This is my endeavour to make a spiky blackletter in Szpajdel's black metal style that evokes the terror of Mordor at pixel level. This font has been extensively tested for best kerning, yet some issues might have remained unresolved.This is a clone
Start and finish typing words with a bracket... Lots of alternates in lower case.
( short starter panel
) short end panel
[ long starter panel
] long end panel
% connecting blank panel
This is my homage to the late Dutch master. I tried to capture the impossible geometry, sense of space, and even the colours of his works. You can see and download the new v2 here:
.This is a clone
***Did you see the HORNS?***
Playing around with octagonal shapes. One child of this phase was "Zapotek", which Xenophilius mentioned completely right. Another one, beside some others , is this one. Somewhere in the back of my head this is inspired by the wonderful "fs Kronos" by will.i.ૐ. Not so much in it's look, but in it's heroic, oldfashioned feel. The feel it's purpose is decorating an epic fantasy novel :) I hope the upcoming sample can make this clearer. Enjoy
I discovered via this article (http://fontsinuse.com/uses/8007/future-exhibitions-n-1) that geneus1 created a similar font (http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/75591) to this one in 2008. Despite the obvious similarities, I did not know of geneus1's font until 2014/11/28.
Based on Tetris blocks. I tried to avoid using too many 1x4 and 2x2 blocks. I also tried to make each character self-supporting...meaning the blocks are built up from the bottom and the upper blocks are supported by the lower ones and not just floating in mid-air. Due to some design decisions and time constraints, I didn't achieve this with every character.