This is a military-style stencil font inspired by the original Stencil-Gothic face (by John West c. 1885), Ironmonger (by John Downer, 1991-93), and Pediker (by Kazimir Samoscanec, 2013). The latter one is a revival of a stencil face of unknown origin. Sorry for the dystopian future. I hope it will never happen.
Based on the TekWar logo. The letters (minus Q/X/Y) are recreated from the TV series titles, the rest are my additions.
A non standard stencil/piano-like font, using an experimental "guides + nudging" kerning process and a lot of smooth curvy shapes. Some soft alternates (for A, W, w, X, x, Y and y) are in the ligatures area at the More Latin section.This is a clone
This was a simple idea started from S and T. Most of the glyphs have two verticle strokes that are 4-bricke-wide and a 1-brick-wide area in the middle of the character. except I, L, S and T (actually a lot more). They are a bit different. Especially S, T and L. The whole characters are only 8 bricks wide. As I mentioned above, It's because the whole font started from these characters.
Straka the name came from last name of a person. The S and T reminds me of this person's last name. I like this last name although I don't even know him.
About the Latin extension, I have made only the glyphs that require no new design, just diacritics and already made letters. So I can pretend like hard-working on fonts but copy paste in reality. :P
Also, I made Arabic glyphs. Only isolated forms. Which I suppose won't be a comfortable experience to Arabic users. It's like every letter has crazy swashes but every letters are lightyears away from each other.(or is it?)
Credit me bcuz it took days and I gave it all to you for free. Unthankful hairless ape. :p
has it gone 2 far? hope it didn't hurt you.
What better way to celebrate our bright future than pushing a whole creative medium forward? Introducing Brick Patching – a combinatoric approach to constructing hyper-tunable curved and angular modular forms.
Stay tuned to this space; on Sunday 5/xx/20 I will describe this highly useful hack and fully document the technique.
Upgrade your gray matter cuz one day it may matter.
The idea is to represent counters with arrows. Letters with closed counters (e.g. D,P ) were first opened and only afterwards were represented by arrows.
More of an experiment than an attempt at an amazing typeface, but I thought it'd be a fun entry nonetheless. Don't let the creation date fool you: I started this design in early 2014. There were many issues that had to be remedied before publishing, most notably the lack of characters and major discrepancies between the shapes of serifs (some were entirely triangular, others entirely curved). It's still heavily a work in progress. Suggestions are encouraged, especially for the Q and punctuation. Thanks and enjoy!This is a clone
My Reversecomp entry.This is a clone
Entry for the Reversecomp. It's based on the theme of counterclockwise (anticlockwise) direction that is represented by an arrow. Also, Esrever is Reverse written backwards.
Bevel/chisel effect using connecting bricks.
Glyphs B,K,R,S,X,Z,k,s,x,z,2,3,5,7,8 miss cuts because of nudging space limitations.
from the category of 'also ran'
Only interesting in theory; the practical application leaves a lot to be desired. Incomplete as well. Only sharing now because vacations are over. Back to work from tomorrow moring. Won't really have time to work on this in any meaningful way anymore. Unless inspiration strikes out of somewhere and I am able to stay awake past my bedtime.
Every glyph has a counter rotated glyph or has self rotational symmetry—all except the c, which remains a loner loser.
paired rotational glyphs: ae bq dp ft hy jr mw nu G9 JR NV 25
self rotational symmetric glyphs: g i k l o s x z Q S Z ! & , '
Full disclosure: This fs was started before there was such a thing as Reverse competition.
Side story on the making: This fontstruction is deceptively simple. It was quite a challenge to execute. Just because the strokes seem flowing doesn't mean they are all placed in the logical grid block. The rounded-off ends forced the bricks to be placed in any of the 8 adjoining blocks and nudged into place. Consequently, due to the nature of nudge only moving as much as half a block in any direction, some compromises had to be made in the shapes.
Just keep coming back to these shapes...
Something between AT Schengbers and AT Thinnetry with some more experimental shapes. Spacing can be perfected of course.