My final entry in the competition. Inspired by Mazey, zlabyrinths eYe/FS, and wavelength. Each glyph has its own maze, and each maze connects with the next. Tilde ~ and low line _ connect words, grave ` closes beginnings and ends, and the left and right arrows < > are for the start and end. There are also some alternates in Extended Latin A. Suggestions and critiques are welcome. Thanks!
04/06/14 The whole font has been updated to be one brick taller, and thus properly fit onto a grid. Also, some characters have been redesigned. V2.0
05/13/14 All punctuation has been modified to continue a word maze. V2.1
07/05/14 1000 downloads! Hooray! As a 'thank you', I've completed more of More Latin. V2.2
08/22/14 I've made the accents part of the maze. I've also changed a few characters, and added Œ and œ. V2.3
08/04/15 Added Polish support with Ą, Ć, Ę, Ł, Ń, Ś, Ź, and Ż. Tweaked a few characters as well, and added a crossbar to the ð. V2.4
06/18/16 Added support for multiple languages with more Cyrillic chars and punctuation. Also tweaked a few chars.
A FUTURISTIC LETTER “A”!!
MY FUNNY LETTER “K”!!
AN OVER-EXTENDED EM DASH!!
WEIRD UPSIDE-DOWN CYRILLIC LETTERS THAT NOBODY’S HEARD OF!!
IT’S ALL HERE IN MY NEW FONT — ALDRON.
I THOUGHT THAT THIS FONT NEEDED MORE ATTENTION THAN THE ONE THAT I CLONED IT FROM, WHICH WAS MADE IN A COUPLE OF HOURS. AS WELL AS ADDING THE LATIN AND GREEK ALPHABETS, I MADE A FEW ADDITIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS TO THE CYRILLIC LETTERS AS WELL AS SPACING. AND UNLIKE ITS PREDECESSOR, THIS ONE IS KERNED.
IT WAS QUITE A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE, ACTUALLY, ADAPTING A CYRILLIC FONT FOR LATIN INSTEAD OF VICE VERSA.
INTENDED LANGUAGE SUPPORT
• БЕЛАРУСКАЯ МОВА — BELARUSIAN
• БЪЛГАРСКИ — BULGARIAN
• HRVATSKI — CROATIAN
• ČEŠTINA — CZECH
• DEUTSCH — GERMAN
• ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΆ — GREEK
• ITALIANO — ITALIAN
• QAZAQSHA, ҚАЗАҚША — LATIN AND CYRILLIC KAZAKH
• МАКЕДОНСКИ — MACEDONIAN
• TE REO MĀORI
• ROMÂNĂ — ROMANIAN
• РУССКИЙ — RUSSIAN
• SRPSKI, СРПСКИ — LATIN AND CYRILLIC SERBIAN
• SLOVENČINA — SLOVAK
• SLOVENŠČINA — SLOVENIAN
• УКРАЇНСЬКА — UKRAINIAN
AVAILABLE CHARACTERS (★✰*ALL KERNED YAY!!!!!✰*✪)
LATIN: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ĀÁÂÄĂĆČĈĎĐǄĒÉÈǴĜĤĪÍÎĴĹĽǇŃŇǊŌÓÒÔÖŔŘŚŠŜȘẞŤȚŪÚÜŬŮÝŹŽ
GREEK: ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ ΆΈΉΊΪΌΎΫΏ
CYRILLIC: АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯ ӘЀЃҐҒЂЄЅЍІЇЈЌҚЉҢЊӨЋЎҮҰҺЏ
THE NUMBERBET: 0123456789
PUNCTUATION: ()!?.…:;,„“”‘’-—«»*• AND OF COURSE, SPACE
Khnum /ħe.'nu:m/. I've updated this font, and given it an italic version, which is available on Font Library. There are three versions: Regular, B Regular, and MS Regular. B is for Bulgarian. MS is for Macedonian and Serbian. The inspiration for Khnum came from Media SA, which was my first large-scale font created many years ago. However, I wanted this font to be a non-modular font, so I re-created it on a small-scale.This is a clone
This font is a free download, but some use is prohibited without contacting me first. Please abide by the readme which is included in the download! Thanks.
The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) was the largest agency of FDR's "New Deal", employing millions of people. Over 2,000 posters were produced by the W.P.A. to raise awareness and support the arts.
I have a lot of admiration for these posters and a style of sign painters' lettering (sometimes called “gas-pipe”) that was common in the U.S. during the 1930s-'40s. WPA Gothic gets much of its inspiration from this poster in particular. This FontStruction stays true to the sample’s simple letterforms, but the FontStruct grid does present a few limitations. For more refined typefaces in this style check out DDC Hardware, Futura Display, FF Golden Gate Gothic, Refrigerator, and MVB Solano Gothic by some of my favorite type designers, two of which (Parkinson and Van Bronkhorst) are East Bay natives.
WPA Gothic has a few alternate glyphs hanging out in the Extended Latin slots with more to come.
To get a look at the typeface outside the confines of the FontStruct sampler, here's a sample poster.
May 25, 2008: Released a variation with low-waisted "deco" caps.
2019: 10 year anniversary update!
– Loosened the spacing a tad more.
– Added a few punctuation marks, including dashes, bullets, and inverted question/exclamation marks.
– Tightened ‘f’ spacing.
– Lengthened the quotes and apostrophes. They were so wee!
– And I fixed that Å! It’s not pretty, but it’s a ring.
Reload your brain, ask about everything. Our Future begins in... 3... 2... 1... NOW! NB: Better writing with uppercase. Three alternatives (B, F, T) to improve readability in certain cases are in the lowercase.
At the end of October I decided to dive into the new Bricks 'Connect'. I started with the lowercase 's' & 'a'. Working out what the minimal size I could fontstruct it in, then expanded and condensed it from there to accomadate the rest of the glyths. You can still see these in the font above (Just before the Latin charachters. As I progressed I came to love the thin white gaps, and then tried to have every glyth with some element of the curved white gap in it. Some were more successful than others. As you can see, I have included the less preferred options at the end. I've also designed some of the final glyphs in illustrator, as it was impossible to have all of them with one white line, without help from an external app.
The most difficult glyphs to create and ultimately the most satisfying once completed were the 'V' and '~'.
I liked the look of final font so much, that I decided to create a whole family. Cableguynium 0 (which has Zero cables), CableGuynium 2 (which has 1-2 cables per glyth), and CableGuynium 3 (Which has 3-4 cables).
Unusually I struggled naming this font, I have early versions saved called Flowonica, Rubber Tyre, Ice Skater and Fibropticon, ..... eventually settling on CableGuynium as it was the most memorable.
ANY CRITICISM, GOOD OR BAD IS WELCOMED.