The ultra-low resolution of this grid may be difficult to grasp without cloning. Fontstruct’s logo has a nominal x-height of 3 bricks, by comparison.
The level of detail, control, and finesse possible in a given fonstruction depended mostly on resolution prior to the recent advent of stackable composites. Did you want it better? Make it bigger!
Brute force, now meet Elegance.
Instead of building individual glyphs hundreds of bricks tall, stackable composites allow us to design rich modular schemata hundreds of bricks deep. Using curved bricks at their largest scale, linear and curvilinear elements dynamically harmonize and oppose. As well, screen fonts can be effectively hinted (aside from notable lack of kerning controls) without sacrificing the integrity of joins and intersections. And the trapping possibilities, Oh the sweet sweet trapping possibilities...
Please, vote kindly and stay tuned for more :)This is a clone
Large font used in numerous Atari video arcade games, 1984-1987. As the original font uses three different colors for a font-smoothing effect, I attempted to replicate it in two-color by using differently-sized squares. Not sure how well that works; as such, any suggestions are welcome. Best below 20 pt.
A stout, slab serif, large countered, heavy sided, pixel font.
Monospaced typeface based on Otonokizaka Std II (https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1399114/otonokizaka-std-ii), which in turn is based on the Love Live! logo subtitle, with slight changes making some characters more legible at small sizes. Can be used as a high-DPI code editor font.
EDIT 6th May: Added most of Latin-1 Supplement. A boldface version is now also available (https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1401380/otonokizaka-std-ii-1-3).This is a clone of Otonokizaka Std II
The design was inspired by Josef Albers Kombinationschrift alphabet. A modular typeface built using a limited number of basic shapes. Need a condensed stencil typeface? Look no further! Little Tittle was created for those tight spaces. A condensed set width paired with short ascending and descending strokes allows for tight spacing vertically as well. Little Tittle is exclusively lowercase; however, it does have a stencil and solid version so you can mix and match styles for more typographic variety.
While suffering some serious fonter's block, here's another "wonky" experiment: this time, based on my "21st Century Dot Matrix" font. Random numbers were used to determine each dot's nudged position for the vertical (–½ / –¼ / 0 / +¼ / +½), and another set of random numbers for the horizontal. Each position had an equal 20% chance of placement.
On the previous "wonky" font ("Wonky Pins"), I adjusted some dots manually to be more visually pleasing, but I refrained from doing that here. Because so many dots were nudged to extreme positions (–½ & +½ vertically and horizontally) WITHOUT further adjustment, the printed text is still legible but definitely not as refined at "Wonky Pins"...
This typeface was also based on 2 sets of dots this time: one randomized set for an even number of dots across a row (6 or 8), and the other set for an odd number of dots (7). Sometimes, even dots and odd dots are used together on the same row in order to match the placement in the original design. These blocks are present in the "À" position. A slightly larger generic block in position "Á" is only present to prevent word processors from 'cutting off' dots nudged too far vertically up or down; initial test printings resulted in ½ dots being printed at those extremes.
Perhaps another "wonky" experiment will place the extreme ends at a lower chance of occurance (perhaps 10%) while the other three (–¼ / 0 / +¼) more at likely at 26.67% each. Or perhaps an even higher chance that the dot is not even nudged at all, with lower likelihoods as you move outwards to the extremes. This might alleviate the need for any manual adjustments, yet still get the point across that something... something has gone wonky with the printer...
My take on the Mongolian 'Phags-pa script designed by the Tibetan monk Phagspa in 1269, based on the Tibetan script, to write Mongolian, Tibetan, Sanskrit and Chinese. This font is based on the Tibetan style which consists almost entirely of straight lines and right angles. It seemed like a prime candidate for a FontStruct treatment. I've added rounded corners and serifs to make it more visually interesting.
The script is written in vertical columns top-to-bottom and left-to-right and thus needs to be rotated 90° clockwise and the columns then reversed.
'Phags-pa was added to the Unicode standard in version 5.0 in 2006. This font however uses an ad-hoc mapping to Ascii characters which admittedly doesn't always make sense. I kind of gave up in the end and started assigning a bunch of letters to digits. Letters are connected into syllable block by a thin line (mapped to '-'), usually on the right-hand side. A straight line clashed wth the serifs so I made it into a small arch.
The script is an abugida: the vowel ‹a› is inherent in each syllable and thus not written.
I expanded on my previous font, relaxing the rules on placement of segments. I was then able to add uppercase letters, and enhanced the lower case letters where it was needed. Still a WIP - converting the accents.This is a clone of Calculated Monospace
I've remade previous AT Sour Love by adding serifs, it fits better for this 45 degree rotated heart. But as previous one, the downloaded font still has rendering issues despite my attempts, most bricks located at lower serifs change into other brick for some unkown reason. Holes in hearts were removed cause they too have rendering issues when downloaded.