The 1974 Olivetti Studio 46 presents a beautiful retrospective of a European square font. Since I'm a typewriter freak, I decided to 'rescue' this typeface. I will make a cleaner version in a few days and post that, too. -Su
A multi-line design which is slightly reminescent of mazes/fingerprints. It's not designed to create functional mazes, but it is somewhat capable!
"Absinthelyric Print" is an anagram for "Labyrinthine Script".
Original size: 11.25pt. Use multiples of this value for pixel perfection. (If you use antialiasing, it will look perfect at most any size.)
1. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
2. Alphabetic glyphs must have open terminals; numerals and symbols must have closed terminals. Letters which do not terminate (D,O, etc.) must be broken so that they terminate.
3. Glyphs must fill the 15x15 grid.
4. Ligatures and combinatorial glyphs must fit into one letter's space.
Inspired by the works of regular_one. Unlike most fonts I've released recently, many of the glyphs had to be modified or even redone from scratch.
- M, W, m, w, @, #, %, <, >, ~, and the circumflex above accented letters were all too wide and had to be condensed;
- I, f, i, j, l, r, and t were all too narrow and were expanded a bit, mostly through the careful application of serifs;
- K, M, W, X, Y, v, w, y, 7, /, and \ all had ugly mixes of angles that needed to be redesigned;
- N, *, (, and ) were completely redesigned, and many more touched up, to fit better with the rest of the font.
Most of the edits made were not possible before nudging. It's still not perfect, but it's much better than it was before, and I'm proud of how much it has "grown up". Of course, suggestions and critiques are encouraged. Thanks and enjoy!
SbB Codebreaker is my entry for the Reverse Competition. Four parallel glyph sets: Symbols, Positive, Reverse and Alphanumeric. And all with a single brick. I'm really happy with the texture of the type.
Monospaced typeface based on Otonokizaka Std II (https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1399114/otonokizaka-std-ii), which in turn is based on the Love Live! logo subtitle, with slight changes making some characters more legible at small sizes. Can be used as a high-DPI code editor font.
EDIT 6th May: Added most of Latin-1 Supplement. A boldface version is now also available (https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1401380/otonokizaka-std-ii-1-3).This is a clone of Otonokizaka Std II
I expanded on my previous font, relaxing the rules on placement of segments. I was then able to add uppercase letters, and enhanced the lower case letters where it was needed. Still a WIP - converting the accents.This is a clone of Calculated Monospace
Kitay means China. Idea was to find chinese characters that visually look similar to latin letters. Some who tried it used letters from existing fonts, or chose different characters.
I hope the final result is 乚幺厶工乃乚幺 enough ). Letters V,v though, still need to find a similar character...
Thanks & 廾开尸尸丫 下口冂丁与丁尺凵匸丁工门厶！