It's Summertime! You know what that means: no school and more time to work on stuff I love to do, like this! Just found out about this new feature and decided to make a quick font out of it!
Old font tastes like modern. Stylistic set for Chrysalide Serif Modern.
WORK IN PROGRESS.
http://typejournal.ru/en/articles/Civil-TypeThis is a clone of Chrysalide Serif Modern
A lot has happened since I opened this account. Six birthdays, a life-changing diagnosis, other pivotal life events. Well, this may very well be my last post on here. With the start of a new chapter in life - getting a job, starting a business, volunteering, schoolwork, etc. - I've no more time to really work on these like I used to when I was, say, eleven. I hope y'all understand and I wish y'all the best. Thanks ~
While suffering some serious fonter's block, here's another "wonky" experiment: this time, based on my "21st Century Dot Matrix" font. Random numbers were used to determine each dot's nudged position for the vertical (–½ / –¼ / 0 / +¼ / +½), and another set of random numbers for the horizontal. Each position had an equal 20% chance of placement.
On the previous "wonky" font ("Wonky Pins"), I adjusted some dots manually to be more visually pleasing, but I refrained from doing that here. Because so many dots were nudged to extreme positions (–½ & +½ vertically and horizontally) WITHOUT further adjustment, the printed text is still legible but definitely not as refined at "Wonky Pins"...
This typeface was also based on 2 sets of dots this time: one randomized set for an even number of dots across a row (6 or 8), and the other set for an odd number of dots (7). Sometimes, even dots and odd dots are used together on the same row in order to match the placement in the original design. These blocks are present in the "À" position. A slightly larger generic block in position "Á" is only present to prevent word processors from 'cutting off' dots nudged too far vertically up or down; initial test printings resulted in ½ dots being printed at those extremes.
Perhaps another "wonky" experiment will place the extreme ends at a lower chance of occurance (perhaps 10%) while the other three (–¼ / 0 / +¼) more at likely at 26.67% each. Or perhaps an even higher chance that the dot is not even nudged at all, with lower likelihoods as you move outwards to the extremes. This might alleviate the need for any manual adjustments, yet still get the point across that something... something has gone wonky with the printer...
I expanded on my previous font, relaxing the rules on placement of segments. I was then able to add uppercase letters, and enhanced the lower case letters where it was needed. Still a WIP - converting the accents.This is a clone of Calculated Monospace
Inspired by Frodo7's Voxelstorm. Some of these shapes look impossible, but they are actually possible, if you imagine that the corner of each cube is touching the centre of the face of another cube.
I took inspiration from Kurrentschrift (Spitzschrift) and the Thai alphabet to create something that looks South East Asian, but is actually just latin script in disguise.
I'm not sure I'm quite happy with the k. It seems a bit too twirly. The x i stole from Kurrentschrift, but I'm not sure it is legible in this setting.