This was a fun one to experiment with. A lot of fonts I've done here have been done with strict design rules. It's fun to break them once in a while.
It's the Nintendo logo which can be seen on the Gameboy, extended. It also features kerning for more accuracy to the original sprite.
My first typeface was inspired by the theme “gang community”. A large element of my research was the analysis of the most commonly forged bank notes. This typeface is the development of the contrasting typography that feature on notes. One type of typography is clear and concise, and the opposite typography is increasingly complex and hard to read to the naked eye. This is to make it extremely hard for criminals to counterfeit.
Taken from _Priscilla Juniors' Cross Stitch Book_ byThe Priscilla Publishing Co. (1914). Orginal only has minuscule.
As a first year graphic design student at UWE this is my first attempt at creating a typeface on Fontstruct based around the theme of ‘hope’. Looking at this theme I explored the words; dream, desires and wishing leading me to the classic phrase, ‘when you wish upon a star’ and have therefore, based my typeface on stars. Through research, I looked at the patterns and layouts of star constellations to find that they are only made up of straight lines and circles, which is why I have formed a simple lettering using only these two basic forms, incorporating the concept of star constellations.
Judadi foi criada com o principal objetivo de ser projetada para ser usada principalmente em títulos. É uma fonte modular não serifada de estilo digital, simples e muito geométrica. A combinação de diferentes formas criou um efeito agradável e único para as formas das letras. A rigidez dos quadrados e a fluidez das restantes formas criaram em efeito técnico e sedutor, resultando em alfabeto modular e com letras modernas. O nome da fonte “Judadi”, foi pensando, a partir da junção entre os nomes dos criadores da fonte, “Joana”, “Daniela” e “Daniel”.
-----------------------December 11 2020-------------------------
This is my first font I made.
But while I was making it, the size varied a lot, so I left it private for a while incase somebody would talk about it. But I didn't wanna change the letters because it looked nice, and then I came up with this name because I think it would fit. And I planned it to be a unicode font but that would take a very long time so i just left it as it is.
(I actually had no extra guides to position where the height of letters are which is why it looks so wonky)
Yes I get that the fullwidth letters are smaller than the regular but I wanted it to be different.
Also, the 8 downloads was from me testing.
And since it for some reason doesn't let me comment, I had to fit the backstory on why this took so long to publish and stuff and all in the description.
And also, the letters with accents might look different than the regular because I didn't know how to copy paste when I first made this.
And lastly, I get that the accents in the "Latin extended additional" are misplaced but i'm lazy.
And comment if there is any mistakes and I will fix it.