Inspired by grotesk sans serif fonts made between the 1830s and 1960s. Also inspired by Bebas Neue. This font's name comes from the German word "anzeig", meaning "display". What characters/character sets should I do next?
This is a recreation of an in-game font used in the Legend of Zelda Oracles games.
Credit goes to Nintendo and Capcom.
Cyrillic letters from the Russian-translated hacks.
This is a monospaced 5x5 (previously 4x5) font, my first custom font made for my Dwarf Fortress play throughs. Inspired font from CG pixel 4x5 mono, by vyznev.
An edgy-looking, somewhat gothic font with small caps, meant to be used for medium- to large-sized display text. It can be said to resemble barbed wire, insect legs, heavy metal band logos, tree branches, thorns, crystals, jagged rocks, mysterious shards, or any number of things, giving it a wide variety of uses.
149 custom bricks for your perusal! Only custom bricks are in the palette, so you can clone this and easily start drawing right away.
I'll definitely be adding more with time. I love this sort of experimentation!
Taken from _Priscilla Juniors' Cross Stitch Book_ byThe Priscilla Publishing Co. (1914). Orginal only has minuscule.
A cipher/code used by the Kibble Cabal, a mostly animal-based team of misfits and food thieves in the game Trap Farmer Brer Brah. This code is very similar in application to the "Hobo Code" from the United States in the late 1800s. It makes a pretty good cipher, as well!
Original size: 8pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
I really liked my last slab serif font, and so I decided to make another one. This time, we've put the file on it and rounded the corners.
Bookish pixel font designed for general reading. Made for use in my own future web designs.
Just a simple rounded Latin font. I wanted to get this out before my next "big font" (oWoOoOh) but I still like it nonetheless. I hope you enjoy :)
The Unicode bitmap font from Minecraft, also known as GNU Unifont. The game has a font priority system called "providers" that looks for bitmap data for a specific character in the non-Latin European character set first, then in the accented Latin character set, then in the game's low-res default font, then finally here, in the high-res Unicode character set. You can override this priority system by going into Options... > Language..., then setting "Force Unicode Font" to ON.
The game stores this font in images containing 16 rows and 16 columns of characters. Each character is 16 pixels wide and 16 pixels tall, totalling 256 characters per image. Each image represents one Unicode codepage, and there are 256 pages, which covers characters U+0000 to U+FFFF. Control characters and most CJK characters are omitted here, because FontStruct doesn't officially support them.
The font is not monospace, however, so the effective widths of each character are stored in a separate file called glyph_sizes.bin. Information for each character is stored in one byte, and the upper and lower 4 bits of this byte represent the start column and end column with a number ranging from 0 to 15, where 0 is the leftmost column of the character's allotted 16x16 space, and 15 is the rightmost column, respectively.
Knowing all of this allowed me to automate most of the steps involved in creating this recreation. I did not use the FontStructor to make this, I instead used a program to directly interact with FontStruct's API. It is possible to add unsupported characters to a font with this method, but I chose to stay within the limits of what is officially supported.