A dark look and a few crows' beaks for dreary November... it belongs to my "1st of" series for 2016.This is a clone
It's the Nintendo logo which can be seen on the Gameboy, extended. It also features kerning for more accuracy to the original sprite.
I wanted to make something like runes or witch characters, so I made it.
Even when you want to prepare something.
It is a font of basic Latin characters, half-width numbers, large and small alphabets (small is the same as large), and half-width symbols.
I would be happy if you could specify it when you use it.
This text uses Google Translate.
This font is for free so you don't need to spend time making your own font (unless you want to make your own font). Use it for anything; for your poster, video game, book, movie, program--anything!
The only thing you CANNOT do is CHANGE LICENSE OF AN EXACT CLONE.
Should you make a new font from it, it needs to be under "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike". An attribution to the original must be made, too.
I chose this license so that it can always be free without anyone having to worry about using it, commercially or not.
My font was made as a response to technological rebirth. The designers I have referenced and researched to create this font operated in the early days of technology and the internet. My font mirrors the exciting momentum behind design in these times. Something that is still moving and taking shape.
This is a recreation of a font used in Pokemon Emerald.
Credit goes to Nintendo, GAME FREAK and Creatures Inc.
Greek letters by me.
UPDATE (20/12/2020): Added multilingual support.
This was a one-day project I decided to do since I randomly got inspired by just looking at some fonts and their quality. This is a WIP, feedback is open so please comment down below on what specific things I can improve on regarding this font. Update: I have cloned this font to replicate the original look as it was confusing to tell the difference between the two. Now it's much clearer.
A font made for a Terraria mod. It gets its name because parts of it remind me of halberd, partisan, and/or axe heads. I designed this to have the vaguely authoritation look of a Didone as well as a borderline-gaudy look that prevents this from being taken as seriously as other Didones. These changes lent some much-needed character to the prototypical Didone from which this design evolved. The uppercase letters are more heavily ornamented, as if to suggest that they are letters from an illuminated manuscript.
The main texture is a diamond pattern inspired by vent holes in medieval armor. These were often made with a square punch, and help the font look more handmade.
The wider letters are incised, which seems to lessen their perceived wideness by breaking up the shapes. For me this effect lent a more natural flow to the reading.
The ornamentation rules are complicated and factor in lettershapes, English letter frequency, and the existing design parameters. One thing I can concisely explain is that glyphs which normally look fairly plain are ornamented to such an extent that they make others look plain instead (CGJLT1 among others).