I decided to be laynecom for a day, and this is the result. Didn't have time for numbers and punctuation though, unfortunately...
Some alternates available in Extended Latin A. Suggestions and critiques encouraged, as always. Thanks and enjoy!
Small and sassy. Circle bricks used for lc. Uc is more or less alternates - an evolution - of the lc. Final comp entry. It's always fun!!!This is a clone
G1 Radia. A scaled down version of an originally larger fontstruction. Lots of details with smooth micro bullnose serifs, high contrast stroke lines, and decorative ball terminals.This is a clone
G1 Obsidian Black. Created around 2009 and incomplete due to brick limitations, now updated with new bricks as originally envisioned.
G1 Valora. Extreme serif titling caps. Maxing out 48 brick height for Serifcomp. Not enough room for lowercase. Not enough time for more characters.This is a clone
elza: serif meets ball terminal... I found out the Germans actually have a word for this: 'Tropfenserife', which roughly translates as 'teardrop-serif'. Normally appearing at the end of strokes in letters such as a,c,f,g,j and r, I have tried to build this font around it, using it as its main design feature.
More of an experiment than an attempt at an amazing typeface, but I thought it'd be a fun entry nonetheless. Don't let the creation date fool you: I started this design in early 2014. There were many issues that had to be remedied before publishing, most notably the lack of characters and major discrepancies between the shapes of serifs (some were entirely triangular, others entirely curved). It's still heavily a work in progress. Suggestions are encouraged, especially for the Q and punctuation. Thanks and enjoy!This is a clone
(This font is dedicated to my dear friend Miguel and his wife María. Miguel just died on 26/may/2012. ¡Nunca te olvidaremos, compañero!)
Work in progress (kerning and more glyphs to come).
My first entry for Serifcomp. Originally created in 2013, when I still had little knowledge about the finer details of type design. I've made major changes to the original design while trying not to lose its original feel (avoiding diagonal strokes, for example). I ended up making major changes to M, Q, T, W, f, k, m, q, r, t, and w, and minor changes to a bunch more; a ton of kerning was also required. It's not very polished yet, but it's a start...
Some alternates are available in Latin Extended A. As always, suggestions and critiques are welcome. Thanks and enjoy!
A font formed out of Truchet Tiles.
Truchet tiles are formed by taking a single tile composed of opposing quarter circles, then applying its inverse in a random fashion. Here, I've inverted the tiles to create outlines, then developed the negative aspects of the letters, thus creating a reversal of a reversal of a reversal! Boom! Now you're in the third dream level of Inception.This is a clone
Originally intended to be a reversal of my Blokula font. Ended up looking more like swimming pool tiles with recessed text.
Uppercase contains variable widths, lowercase is monospaced to facilitate vertical typing.This is a clone
This fontstruction was made possible by several fontstruct special capabilities: connecting brick, brick stacks, custom bricks, and nudge. Out of 68 bricks used, only the full square brick is from the available bricks; the remaining 67 bricks are all modified in some way or another.
3 bricks tall.