While suffering some serious fonter's block, here's another "wonky" experiment: this time, based on my "21st Century Dot Matrix" font. Random numbers were used to determine each dot's nudged position for the vertical (–½ / –¼ / 0 / +¼ / +½), and another set of random numbers for the horizontal. Each position had an equal 20% chance of placement.
On the previous "wonky" font ("Wonky Pins"), I adjusted some dots manually to be more visually pleasing, but I refrained from doing that here. Because so many dots were nudged to extreme positions (–½ & +½ vertically and horizontally) WITHOUT further adjustment, the printed text is still legible but definitely not as refined at "Wonky Pins"...
This typeface was also based on 2 sets of dots this time: one randomized set for an even number of dots across a row (6 or 8), and the other set for an odd number of dots (7). Sometimes, even dots and odd dots are used together on the same row in order to match the placement in the original design. These blocks are present in the "À" position. A slightly larger generic block in position "Á" is only present to prevent word processors from 'cutting off' dots nudged too far vertically up or down; initial test printings resulted in ½ dots being printed at those extremes.
Perhaps another "wonky" experiment will place the extreme ends at a lower chance of occurance (perhaps 10%) while the other three (–¼ / 0 / +¼) more at likely at 26.67% each. Or perhaps an even higher chance that the dot is not even nudged at all, with lower likelihoods as you move outwards to the extremes. This might alleviate the need for any manual adjustments, yet still get the point across that something... something has gone wonky with the printer...
Inspired by wildlife in the garden. A fun slightly crazy design for spring time. There is a bit of variety in the heads, depending on the species of butterfly that will emerge :)) Toukka is Finnish for 'caterpillar'.
Work finished for the moment ...
Blackletter, as small as possible, as elegant as possible.
Fun fact: The name Minotur came from the shortening of "minimal textur".
With this font I think I have made a special one for every first of the month for 1 year. I hope you found one or two of the designs pleasing enough to put into your collection or maybe even use.
I made this in the spirit of the "Ondea" font designs which were inspired by Yautja's ethereal compositions :) (one piece is my phone's ringtone, thankyou Yautja!)
I recently saw a type face with bits missing and thought "Looks interesting, can I do something with this idea?". I used one of my older sans designs but soon discovered that I needed serifs to get logic to the gaps ;) So I started work on a good serif design to use as the base. Here is my interpretation of what I saw, it looks rather different from the one that inspired me. Alternative X on the x.
minuto was a tall and slim fella to start with, but somehow if not small perhaps somewhat slight in appearance. when paired the original uc, they somehow manage to elevate stature of both.
it's a dotty deco. the name is a play on zoot suit. i did the uc and was satisfied that it worked as a display font. i had a bunch of lc dot fonts in the trunk and decided to pair up a few to see how they looked together. all share the same uc. that's the zoot suite.
Decorative font without curves. Despite some fancy 'serif' kind of additions to most letters it different from the usual small fonts.
Feel free to replace those non-corner triangles with squares ;) to get a different look :D