by Abneurone Fluid Types
Copy the HTML from the box below and paste it into your website or blog.
The 'A' looks like an 'R'.
Other than that, it's okay.
Keep going, maybe you can make better fonts in the future!
@Fontstructer101 : The "A" is actually shaping a big "a". This extremely complex font demanded more than 2 years of work to reach its final state.
Oh, wow. Didn't know that. If you spent Two years making this font, It should be a top pick, as should most of your other ones.
Sorry for the misunderstanding!
@fontstructer101 // AFT has a very distinctive style that some find hard to understand. I, for one, like it. :-)
By the way Abneurone, great one! The P/Q/R/S kerning seems a bit tight.
Oh, BTW, can you have a look at my fonts, comment and possibly favourite/download?
THankx@demonics! Concerning Kerning, despite the huge amount of small details, X-height here is only 5 cases! You surely have been there ! Sometimes i really needed half bricks for my shapes. And the psychedelic quality of them also perturbated the spacing sensation : the same glyph between different letters seemed with good or bad kerning. My creations are small gremlins, even in how they are behaving in the font, that's why i need so much time and rewriting phases to make them have the basic discipline necessary to form a "real" font, and not simply a collection of images.
@fontstructer101 : No harm. Thanx for your "top pick" appreciation, but Meek is not one of my biggest fan...
@AFT: Meek is DEFINITELY not your biggest fan, considering almost all your fonts deserved to be TPs.
• The characters of your 'TESTAMENT 9 / Dopamine' would deserve being framed on some real life gallery wall IMO, esp. if they were multicoloured (what a pity FS is in B&W)… so many funny detail (yet a lot symmetrical to add to the nice balance).
• X is used as your avatar on FS (thank you for the rencent info to me).
• I think the dreadful black man in/of O is like a cool dingbat…
• Am I right whan I believe you work(ed) a bit like a deconstructor (here, even in general), i.e. starting from the classic outlines (they are still often quite visible, don't they ?), next nibbleing them, plus/while adding patterns ? (of course you have more trick, like moves of parts, I see.)
• About Top Picks, I guess choices must be applied (or there would be too many, perhaps). I'd say: “Make your own way ; don't look for fame, just do your best.”
Packed with dynamic tension, Uptake is an exciting and characterful but also eminently usable sans.
Download, Discuss, Clone ...
FontShop is the original independent retailer of digital type. We offer more than 100,000 fonts from dozens of expert-selected foundries.
Buy and Download from FontShop.com
Tees, bags, caps, bibs.Support FontStruct.
The latest FontStruct competition. Starts May 23rd 2013.
Read more ...